We’ll know find plenty of devices powered by Rockchip RK3328 from TV boxes to development boards, but if you are interested in getting an Android TV stick based on the processor, I’m only aware of Rikomagic RKM V3 which the company unveiled in September.
However, at the time the TV dongle was not for sale yet, and the company has just launched it for $62.90 including shipping on Aliexpress.
RKM V3 specifications have not changed since the announcement, except we can have info about size and weight:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3328 quad core Cortex A53 processor @ 1.5 GHz with Mali-450MP2 GPU
- System Memory – 2 GB RAM
- Storage – 8 GB eMMC flash + micro SD card up to 32 GB
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI 2.0a up to 4K @ 60 Hz with HDR10 and HLG support
- Video Codec – 4K VP9, H.265 and H.264. 1080p VC-1, MPEG-1/2/4, VP6/8
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 port, 1x USB 3.0 port
- Power Supply – 5V/2A via power barrel jack
- Dimensions – 110 x 48 x 22 mm
- Weight – 325 grams (for package?)
RKM V3 is about the same price as Zidoo X7 TV box, and cheaper than their RKM V5 TV stick ($83.90) powered by Rockchip RK3328, but you do pay a premium compared to some RK3328 TV boxes with the same 2GB/8GB configuration such as T98 4K going for under $50.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.