Tablets are not quite as popular as they used to be, but there’s still a market. Allwinner A63 “2K” tablet processor was unveiled right at the start of summer 2017, but so far I had not seen any products based on the processor.
Finally, at least on tablet based on Allwinner A63 has been launched thanks to Onda V18 Pro tablet equipped with a 10.1″ 2560×1600 display, 3GB RAM, and 32 to 64 GB internal storage.Onda V18 Pro tablet specifications:
- SoC – Allwinner A63 quad core Cortex A53 processor @ up to 1.8 GHz with Mali-T760MP2 GPU with OpenGL ES 3.2 support
- System Memory – 3GB DDR3L
- Storage – 32 or 64GB eMMC flash, micro SD slot up to 256 GB
- Display – 10.1″ capacitive touchscreen IPS display with 2560×1600 (WQXGA) resolution
- Video – 4K/6K VP9, H.265, and H.264 4K @ 30fps video decoder; Smartcolor 3.0 “video quality enhancement engine”
- Connectivity – Dual band 802.11 b/g/n/ac WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, and GPS
- Camera – 2.0MP front-facing camera, 8MP rear facing camera
- Audio – 3.5mm audio jack, mono speaker, microphone
- USB – 1x micro USB port
- Sensor – Gravity
- Battery – 7,000 mAh / 3.7V battery
- Power Supply – 5V/2A via micro USB port
- Dimensions – 25.20 x 16.50 x 0.93 cm
- Weight – 567 grams
Note that depending on which shop we look at the specifications are a little different (e.g. 802.11 ac vs 802.11n). The tablet runs Android 7.1, and ships with a power Adapter, and a user manual.
The 32GB version of Onda V18 Pro sells for $159.99 plus shipping on Aliexpress, but while the 64GB version is listed it can not be purchased on that stora. GeekBuying however offers both versions of the tablet for respectively $180.99 (32GB) and $200.99 (64GB) shipped.