Scalys is a startup founded in 2016 in the Netherlands by Sintecs in order to provide advanced high-performance embedded system solutions for automotive-, avionics-, defence-, industrial-, medical and telecommunication industries. So the company is rather new, but if you visit their website, you’ll find they already have several systems-on-module and single board computers (SBCs) based on NXP QorIQ processors.
Grapeboard SBC is their latest product powered by NXP QorIQ LS1012A (LayerScape 1012A) single core SoC with 1GB RAM, and equipped with two Gigabit Ethernet interfaces, two USB 3.0 ports, an M.2 SATA connector, etc… that make it suitable for IoT applications such as sensor/IoT gateways, communication hubs, and secure edge devices.
- SoC – NXP QorIQ LS1012A single core Cortex A53 processor @ up to 800 MHz with Packet Forwarding Engine
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- 64Mb (8MB) SPI NOR Flash for BCD and bootloader,
- 512Mb/64MB SPI NOR Flash for u-boot and Linux kernel
- micro SD card slot
- 2x Gigabit Ethernet ports
- 802.11 b/g/n WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 LE via Realtek RTK8723BU module; SMA antenna connector
- USB – 2x USB 3.0 ports
- 26-pin Raspberry Pi expansion connector
- M.2 connector with SATA, PCIe, and USB 2.0/3.0 (multiplexed)
- Debugging – JTAG header, micro USB port for serial console
- Security – Integrated security engine (SEC), QorIQ Trust Architecture, Arm TrustZone
- Power Supply – 4.5 to 16V DC input via power barrel jack
- Dimensions – 85.60 x 56mm (est. based on Raspberry Pi board dimensions)
The board is supposed to run Linux, and we do not know availability nor pricing information right now, as the website setup for the board has very limited information at this stage. However, we may soon find out more, as LinuxGizmos reports Scalys will showcase the board at CES 2018 in less than two weeks.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|