Most products based on Intel Apollo Lake processor do so to leverage the low cost and low power of the chip that also embeds Intel HD graphics removing the need for an external graphics card. But T-bao Tbook X8S Pro laptop powered by Intel Celeron J3455 Apollo Lake “Desktop” processor also comes with an NVIDIA GeForce 920M GPU which should boost graphics performance.
Tbook X8S Pro specifications:
- SoC – Intel Celeron J3455 quad core Apollo Lake processor @ 1.50 / 2.30 GHz with (unused) 12EU Intel HD Graphics 500; 10W TDP
- GPU – NVIDIA GeForce 920M @ 954 MHz with 2GB RAM
- System Memory – 6GB DDR3
- Storage – 128GB eMMC flash or M.2 SSD (unclear), micro SD card slot up to 128 GB
- Display – 15.6″ IPS screen with 1920×1080 resolution
- Video Output – HDMI output
- Audio – Built-in microphone, and stereo speakers; 3.5mm audio jack
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, dual band 802.11b/g/n/ac WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 2x USB 3.0 ports, 1x USB type C port
- Camera – 2.0MP front camera
- Battery – 7.4V/9000mAH Li-ion polymer battery
- Power Supply – 12V/4A
- Dimensions – 360 x 235 x 18 mm
- Weight – 1.7 kg
The laptop comes pre-loaded with Windows 10, and ships with a power supply, and user manual.
I could not find a direct comparison between GeForce 920M and Intel HD Graphics 500, but there’s one against the slightly faster Intel HD Graphics 505 found in other Apollo Lake processor, and the NVIDIA card is roughly two to three times faster in 3DMark benchmarks.