VideoStrong K1 Plus T2/S2 is an Android 5.1 set-top-box with DVB-S/S2 and DVB-T/T2 tuner that was launched roughly two years ago with Amlogic S905 quad core processor. Since then, the company has now launched variant of the model with Amlogic S912 (e.g. KIII Pro hybrid TV box) or Amlogic S905D (e.g. KI Pro set-top box) processors.
But now, provided the information on Alibaba is correct, the company has launched a new version of KI Plus T2/S2 with Amlogic S805X which should be cheaper, run a more recent Android 7.1 operating system, at the cost of losing support for 4K decoding, since the processor only support Full HD (1080p60) decoding at most.
Since the company updated an existing product, some specific details are wrong on Alibaba, but KI Plus T2 S2 (2018) specifications should be as follows:
- SoC – Amlogic S805X quad core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 1.2 GHz with penta-core Mali-450MP GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash (4G, 16GB or 32GB optional) + micro SD card slot up to 32GB
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0b up to 1080p @ 60Hz with with CEC & HDR support, and 3.5mm AV
- Audio – HDMI, AV (stereo), optical S/PDIF
- Video Codecs – 10-bit H.265, VP9, and H.264 up to 1080p60
- Tuner – Combo DVB-T/T2/C and DVB-S/S2 with two antenna connectors
- Connectivity – Fast Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi (No Bluetooth)
- USB – 4x USB 2.0 host ports
- Misc – Power button and LED, IR receiver
- Power Supply – DC 12V/1.5A
- Dimensions – 130 x 120 x 32 mm
Back in 2016, the firmware would only support DVB-T/T2 or DVB-S/S2, but AFAIK, the company has updated the firmware in all there models to also support DVB-C (cable TV).
The new K1 Plus S805X TV box appears to only be offered to distributors for now, and information about the retail price is not available. For reference, the FOB price listed on Alibaba is $28 to $40 per unit (depending on quantity).
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|