VideoStrong has become popular among people wanting an Android TV box with a tuner thanks to their affordable and customizable products such as K1 Plus T2 S2, or KIII Pro coming with DVB-T/T2 and DVB-S/S2 tuners. AFAIK, all there products so far came with a single demodulator meaning you could watch or record satellite or terrestrial TV, but not do both at the same time, for example watching a channel via DVB-S2, and recording one via DVB-T2. Amlogic S905D is supposed to support this, and upcoming products like Sen5 Android set-top box do come with two demodulators. Mecool KI PRO – based on the processor – has just been launched, pre-selling for $79.99 on Banggood with shipping scheduled for mid May.
- SoC – Amlogic S905D quad core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 1.5 GHz with Mali-450MP GPU
- System Memory – 2 GB DDR4
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash + micro SD card slot up to 32GB
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0a up to 4K @ 60Hz with support for HDR10 and HLG, and 3.5mm AV
(composite video) jack
- Audio Output – HDMI, AV (stereo audio), optical S/PDIF
- Video Codecs – 10-bit H.265, and VP9 Profile 2 up to 4K60, H.264 up to 4K30, AVS+ and other codecs up to 1080p60
- Tuner – DVB-T/T2 and DVB-S/S2 tuners with two connectors
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, dual band 802.11 b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 4.1 LE
- USB – 4x USB 2.0 host ports
- Misc – Power button and LED, IR receiver
- Power Supply – DC 12V/1A
- Dimensions – 130 x 120 x 32 mm
- Weight – 163 grams
Another advantage of the device is that it runs the latest Android 7.1 operating system. The interface looks the same as with older devices, so I’d expect the same DTV app to be used in the box. KI Pro ships with a HDMI cable, a remote control, a power adapter, and a user manual. You may be able to find (more or less accurate) details on the manufacturer’s page.
Thanks to Natsu for the tip.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|