MeLE PCG02 was introduced in 2015 with an Intel Atom Z3735F Bay Trail processor, and was one of the rare Windows TV sticks to include an Ethernet port. Later on, the company also launched PCG02U model with Ubuntu 14.04 instead.
The company has now launched an upgraded version – PCG02 Apo – featuring an Intel Celeron N3450 quad core Apollo Lake processor, 4GB RAM, 32GB storage, as well as Gigabit Ethernet and 802.11ac WiFi connectivity.
MeLE PCG02 Apo TV Stick specifications:
- SoC – Intel Celeron N3450 quad core processor @ 1.1 GHz / 2.2 GHz with 12 EU Intel HD graphics 500 @ 200 MHz / 700 MHz; 6W TDP
- System Memory – 4 GB LPDDR3
- Storage – 32 GB eMMC flash + micro SD slot
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4 male port up to 4K @ 30 Hz
- Audio – Via HDMI, and 3.5mm audio combo jack
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, Dual band 802.11 b/g/n/ac WiFi, and Bluetooth 4.2
- USB – 2x USB 3.0 ports
- Misc – Power button, Kensington lock slot
- Power Supply – 5V/3A via micro USB port
- Dimensions – 150 x 54 x 16.5 mm
- Weight – ~140 grams; package: 400 grams
MeLE PCG02 Apo comes pre-loaded with Windows 10 Home 64-bit, and there does not seem to be an Ubuntu version in the works. The stick ships with a power adapter with exchangeable plugs following GS (Europe), UK, SAA (Standard Association of Australia), and UL (US/Canada) standards.
You can purchase the device on Aliexpress with or without MeLE F10 Deluxe air mouse for as low as $179.99 including shipping. Price is now $199.99, but I’ve been told “it will be on sale for US$179 from tonight”.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|