Octavo Systems is known for their OSD335x system-in-packages (SiP) that integrate Texas Instruments Sitara AM335x Cortex A8 processor, memory, LDO, and some passive components into a single package, as well as related development kits such the $25 PocketBeagle which was introduced by the BeagleBoard foundation last September.
The company has now launched OSD335-SM-RED development board featuring their OSD3358-512M-BSM SiP with 512MB RAM, with Gigabit Ethernet, micro HDMI, four USB 2.0 port, BeagleBone Black headers, some sensors, etc…
- SiP – Octavo Systems OSD3358-512M-BSM with TI Sitara AM3358 Arm Cortex-A8 processor @ up to 1 GHz, 512MB DDR3 Memory, power management
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash + micro SD card slot
- Video Output – micro HDMI port
- Connectivity – 10/100/1000 Ethernet
- USB – 1x µUSB Client, 4x USB 2.0 ports (via USB hub)
- Sensors – 9-axis IMU, barometer, temperature sensor + header
- Expansion – 2x expansion connectors compatible with BeagleBone Black Capes
- Security Subsystem (Currently Not Supported) – TPM, secure NOR
- Misc – Power & reset buttons, SD boot button, user LEDs, JTAG footprint
- Power Supply – 5V via power barrel jack or micro USB port; support for LiPo battery
- Dimensions – 108 x 55 x 32 mm
The board comes with Debian Linux and relevant drivers pre-installed.
Hardware and software documentation is located on the product page, where you’ll also find links to purchase the board for $199 from Octavo Systems directly, or through distributors like Digikey or Mouser.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|