Acer Swift 1 laptop was introduced last year with an Intel Pentium N4200 “Apollo Lake” processor and a 13.3″ display, and it appears the laptop is getting an upgrade to the latest Intel Pentium Silver N5000 Gemini Lake processor and a large 14″ display based on product pages (here and there) recently updated on Acer Germany website.
Acer Swift 1 (2018) specifications:
- SoC – Intel Pentium Silver N5000 quad core processor @ 1.1 GHz / 2.7 GHz (Turbo) with Intel UHD Graphics 605; 6W TDP
- System Memory – 4GB DDR4
- Storage – 256GB SSD, SD card reader
- Display – 14″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS display
- Video Output – HDMI
- Connectivity – 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WiFi
- Audio – Built-in microphone, stereo speakers
- Camera – 1280 x 720 webcam
- USB – 2x USB 3.0 , 1x USB 2.0, 1x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C
- Input device – TouchPad, keyboard
- Battery – 3-Cell 4,670 mAh Li-Polymer battery good for up to 17 hours
- Power Supply – 45Watts
- Dimensions – 323 mm x 228 mm x 14.95 mm
- Weight – 1.4 kg
The laptop ships with Windows 10 Home, the battery, and a power adapter. The two models are called “Swift 1 SF114-32-P8GG” (NX.GXUEG.003) and “Swift 1 SF114-32-P9Y2” (NX.GXUEG.002), but I was unable to spot any differences between the two.
I could not find any pricing information for those exact models, but a slightly different ACER Swift 1 SF114-32-P40C model with the same Pentium N5000 processor, and a 128 GB SSD is sold for 549.90 Euros (in.c VAT) on a Finnish website.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.