MediaTek already has plenty of Arm Cortex A53 processors in their portfolio, but with MediaTek Helio P22 they’ve now added another one.
One of the selling point of the new processor is that it is manufactured using a 12nm manufacturing process, just like the recently announced Helio P60 SoC, which better performance for the similar power consumption thanks to a higher CPU clock (2.0 GHz).
MediaTek Helio P22 specifications:
- Processor – 8x Arm Cortex A53 @ up to 2.0 GHz
- GPU – Imagination PowerVR GE8320 GPU @ up to 650MHz
- System Memory – Up to 4GB LPDDR3 @ 933MHz, up to 6GB LPDDR4x @ 1600 MHz
- Storage I/F – eMMC 5.1
- Cellular Technologies – Carrier Aggregation (CA), CDMA2000 1x/EVDO Rev. A (SRLTE), FDD / TDD LTE, HSPA +
- Specific Functions -TAS 2.0, HUPE, IMS (VoLTE\ViLTE\WoWi-Fi), eMBMS,
- Dual 4G VoLTE (DSDS), Band 71
- LTE Category – Cat-4, Cat-7 DL / Cat-13 UL
- GNSS – Beidou, Galileo, Glonass, GPS
- 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac WiFI
- Bluetooth 5.0
- FM Radio
- Display – Up to 1600 x 720 (HD+) resolution
- Encoding – H.264 up to 1080p30
- Playback -H.264, H.265 / HEVC up to 1080p30
- Capture – 21MP @ 30 fps, 13+8MP @ 30 fps
- Features -AI Face ID (Face Unlock), AI Smart Photo Album, Single-Cam/Dual-Cam Bokeh; Hardware Warping Engine (EIS); Rolling Shutter Compensation (RSC) engine; MEMA 3DNR; Multi-Frame Noise reduction;
- Mediatek Technologies – CorePilot, Imagiq, MiraVision, NeuroPilot, Pump Express, Tiny Sensor Hub
- Manufacturing Process – TSMC 12nm FinFET
The company explains the processor implements a new hardware depth engine and Neuropilot technologu which enable AI enhancements such as “professional-grade Depth of Field (Bokeh) effects” and Face Unlock for their dual camera.
MediaTek Helio P22 SoC mass production has just started, and devices are expected by the end of Q2 2018. Visit the product page for a few more details.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.