The company is now back with a upgraded model – ACEPC GK1 – that brings another Intel Celeron N4100 mini PC to the market, but with a 4GB/32GB RAM/storage configuration, and a detachable 2.5″ SATA drive bay.
- SoC – Intel Celeron N4100 quad core Gemini Lake processor clocked @ 1.10 GHz / 2.40 GHz (Turbo) with Intel UHD Graphics 600; 6W TDP
- System Memory – 4GB LPDDR4
- Storage – 32GB eMMC flash, 2.5″ SATA bay, M.2 SSD slot, micro SD card slot
- Video Output – 2x HDMI 1.4 ports (but the processor supports HDMI 2.0 natively…)
- Audio – Via HDMI, 3.5mm audio jack
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, dual band 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2
- USB – 2x USB 3.0 ports, 2x USB 2.0 ports. What looks like a USB type C port to connect to hard drive enclosure (see photo below)
- Misc – Power button, LEDs, Kensington lock , reset pinhole
- Power Supply – 18W power supply (12V/1.5A? – TBC)
- Dimensions – 12.80x 12.80 x 3.65 cm
- Weight – 957 grams
As far I know so far most Gemini Lake models with Celeron N4100 processor were fanless, but ACEPC GK1 is actively cooled based on the illustration below.
This should ensure proper cooling under any loads, but we’d have to see how noisy the fan really is. In my experience this varies a lot between brands and models from being basically inaudible in MINIX NEO N42-C to fairly noisy and potentially annoying under load Voyo VMac Mini.
I found the mini PC on GeekBuying where it is sold for $219.99 shipped. It’s actually listed as a pre-order, but the wait should not be too long, as shipping is scheduled in less than 4 days. I could not find it on Aliexpress or other sites at this time. While looking for more information, I discovered ACEPC GK2 model is also coming with more USB and audio ports, HDMI and VGA video output, and possibly more memory (TBC).
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|