Unveiled last January, Zidoo X20 Pro is a high-end Android + Linux (OpenWrt) media player powered by Realtek RTD1296 media processor, and equipped with three HDMI ports, two SATA bays, ES9038 professional DAC, and more.
- SoC – Realtek RTD1296 quad core Cortex A53 processor with ARM Mali-T820 MP3 GPU
- System Memory – 2 GB DDR4
- Storage – 16 GB eMMC flash, 2x SATA 3.0 bays for 2.5 or 3.5″ drives
- 1x HDMI 2.0a output up to 4K @ 60 Hz
- 1x HDMI 1.4 output up to 4K @ 30 Hz
- 1x HDMI 2.0 input supporting PiP, stream recording, and UDP broadcasting
- 1x RCA composite output
- Decode – HDR10, 10-bit HEVC / H.265 up to 4K @ 60fps, VP9 up to 4K @ 60 fps, H.264 up to 4K @ 24 fps, automatic frame rate switching (23.976 and 29.94 fps supported)
- Full BD menu function
- 7.1-ch HD audio pass-through via HDMI
optical and coaxial S/PDIF
- RCA stereo audio ports
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 2×2 MIMO WiFi up to 867 Mbps, Bluetooth 4.1 LE
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port, 2x USB 2.0 ports, 1x USB type C port
- Misc – RS232 port, IR input port, IR output (blaster) port, front panel display, power switch
- Power Supply – Built-in, 100-240VAC 1.3A 50/60 Hz input
- Dimensions – 430MM standard cabinet size, all aluminum alloy chassis
- Weight – TBD
The device ships with a Bluetooth remote control with backlit keys, a power cord, a HDMI cable, the two WiFi antennas, and a user manual.
The main differences with the Zidoo X20 Pro model are that the latter is equipped with 4GB RAM, 32GB flash, an ESS Technology ES9038 DAC (not sure ES9038PRO or ES9038Q2M), and XLR balanced audio outputs. Price for the Pro model should be around $600.
Both model run Android 6.0 and OpenWrt simultaneously in order to provide media and NAS capabilities, as you can find out in my review of Zidoo X9S TV box based on Realtek RTD1295 processor. The new firmware also adds support for the company’s Poster Wall 2.0 app displaying video posters and information for a neater way to browser your media library. More details may be found on the product page.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|