There aren’t a lot of tablets based in Intel Gemini Lake processor, and so far we only covered Alldocube Knote5 Gemini Lake tablet powered by an Intel Celeron N4100 processor and equipped with a 11.6″ display.
There’s now another option with NEC VersaPro VU-3 & VersaPro J VU-3 tablets with a 10.1″ display, powered by the same Celeron N4100 processor, but running Windows 10 Enterprise/Education/Pro, and shipping with a USB type C dock, and optional LTE connectivity.
- SoC – Intel Celeron N4100 quad core processor @ 1.10 / 2.40 GHz (burst) with Intel UHD graphics 600, 4MB L2 cache
- System Memory – 4GB LPDDR4
- Storage – 64 or 128GB eMMC flash, 1x microSD (SDHC / SDXC) slot
- Display – 10.1″ IPS 10-point touchscreen display with WUXGA resolution (1,920 x 1,200); supports digitizer pen (electrostatic coupling type)
- Video Output
- HDMI up to 4K UHD @ 24/30Hz
- DisplayPort via USB type C up to 4K UHD @ 60 Hz
- With USB type C dock: VGA + 2x DisplayPort
- Built-in stereo speaker, Intel High Definition Audio compliant (stereo PCM recording / playback function, software MIDI sound source)
- Built-in microphone
- Headphone/microphone audio jack
- Camera – 2MP front-facing camera, 5MP rear camera
- Dual band 802.11b/g/n/ac WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1
- With USB type C dock: Gigabit Ethernet
- Optional LTE + GPS in VersaPro J VU-3 model as I understand it
- 1x USB 3.0 port, 1x USB type C port with USB PD
- With USB type C dock: 2x USB 2.0 ports, 3x USB 3.0 ports
- Input device – Keyboard
- Sensors – Fingerprint sensor, acceleration sensor, proximity sensor, gyro sensor, digital compass
- Misc – Volume control, TPM (TCG v 2.0) security chip
- Battery – Lithium Ion battery good for around 13.3 hours (typ.) on a charge
- Power supply – AC 100 to 240 V ± 10%, 50/60 Hz (via AC adapter)
- Dimensions – 262 (W) x 179 (D) x 10.6 (H) mm
- Weight – 653 grams with battery
The tablet is offered with Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit, Windows 10 Education 64-bit, Window 10 Pro Education 64 bit, ow Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
It ships with a lightweight AC adapter (USB-C), a rechargeable digitizer pen and, a warranty card, etc…
The tablet also comes with an optional USB-C dock as shown above, although it’s not clear how you are suppose to use both together since going with a USB type C cable does not see overly convenient, unless it’s designed to be used while the tablet is attached to the equally optional detachable keyboard.
Other accessories include two types of mice (light sensor / laser type), as well as an IP54 dust & waterproof protective cover with a hand handle at the back – as pictured below – which can be convenient for some specific use cases.
NEC VersaPro VU-3 tablet (model KE11/U1-3) with Windows 10 Pro 64 is currently sold for 107,000 Yen ($963) in Japan. More details can be found in the product page in Japanese.
Thanks to “NewsTip” for the info.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|