We started to see some Android 8.1 “Oreo” TV boxes a few months ago with MX10 model powered by Rockchip RK3328 processor, but if you don’t mind having a TV box with a 32-bit Arm processor, you can now get an Android 8.1 TV box for a much cheaper price, as GearBest now has a flash sale for Alfawise A8 TV box based on Rockchip RK3229 with a respectable 2GB RAM and 16GB flash, and selling for $29.99 shipped.
Alfawise A8 specifications:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3229 quad core Arm Cortex A7 processor @ 1.5 GHz with ARM Mali-400MP2
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3 RAM
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash, full size SD slot up to 32GB
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 up to 4K2K @ 60 fps & AV port (composite video)
- Audio – HDMI audio output, AV port (stereo audio), and coaxial S/PDIF output
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi (N.B.: no Bluetooth)
- USB – 4x USB 2.0 host ports
- Misc – IR receiver, power LED, front panel LCD display
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 12 x 12 x 2.5 cm
- Weight – 186 grams
The box ships with a power adapter, a HDMI Cable, an infrared remote control, and an English user manual. If you already own some other Rockchip RK3229 TV box running Android 6.0 OS, it may be worth checking for a firmware update with Oreo, as if one manufacturer starts selling a product with an upgrade OS, other will also have received the updated Rockchip SDK. There’s no guarantee, but may still be worth having a look.
The flash sale has 11 hours to go, so if you’ve missed it, you may still be able to get the box for $29.99 using IT$CNGBA8 coupon using the same link.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|