Amlogic S-series processors are the most well-known processors by Amlogic with parts like S905X or S912, but the company is also offering other families with the new A-series for smart audio applications, and T-series processor for televisions.
The latter have been around for a while, and also include HDMI inputs and digital TV tuners. We hear less about them since they are embedded into more expensive devices like Smart TVs or Android projectors, although in some cases they get into TV boxes with HDMI such as Alfawise H96 mini TV box powered by Amlogic T962E processor.
Today, I’ll have at one of the top TV processor from Amlogic: T968 with four Cortex A53 cores clocked at up to 1.8 GHz, and an Arm Mali-T830MP2 GPU.
- CPU – Quad core Arm Cortex-A53 processor clocked at up to 1.8 GHz
- GPU – Arm Mali-T830MP2 GPU
- System Memory I/F – DDR3/DDR3L RAM
- Storage I/F – eMMC 5.0, SD card
- Video Processing
- 4K UHD 60fps HW decoding of H.265 10-bit, H.264 (30 fps), and AVS+
- HDR10 HDR processing and local dimming backlight technology
- H.264 1080p30 HW encoding
- Video Interface
- HDMI 2.0 and CVBS input
- V-by-One, dual-channel LVDS panel and RGB888 interface
- TS stream input
- Audio Interface – S/PDIF, I2S, PCM input and output
- TV DEMOD
- DTMB and DVB-C DTV standard
- NTSC, PAL and SECAM ATV standard
- Connectivity – 10/100/1000M Ethernet MAC
- USB – 1x USB 3.0, 3x USB 2.0
- Optional IP Licenses – Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS Digital Surround, DTS HD, DTS Express, Real, DivX HD, dbx-tv
- Security – Secure boot and secure OS support
- Process – 28nm HKMG
There’s no a lot of extra information on the product page, but the T968 processor is said to be ” perfect choice for high-end 4K AIO smart TV and smart projector applications”. The Wikipedia page also reports the processor is already found in smart TVs from Xiaomi, Skyworth, TCL and Haier, as well as some Xiaomi smart projectors.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.