MediaTek Helio P60 processor was introduced earlier this year as one of the first Arm Cortex A73 processors from the company, and also integrated NeuroPilot AI technology for faster or more complex A.I. workloads. The company has now launched an upgrade with Helio P70 that comes with many of the same features combined with incremental performance and power consumption improvements.
- CPU – big.LITTLE octa-core with four Arm Cortex-A73 up 2.1 GHz and four Arm Cortex-A53 up to 2.0 GHz
- GPU – Arm Mali-G72 MP3 at 900MHz
- Multi-core AI processing unit (Mobile APU) – 280 GMAC/s; offers deep learning facial recognition, object and scene identification, user behavior-informed performance and other AI and AR application enhancements.
- System Memory – Up to 8GB, dual-channel LPDDR4x @ 1800 MHz, up to 4GB LPDDR3 @ 933 MHz
- Storage – eMMC 5.1 / UFS 2.1
- Display – Up to 2160×1080
- Camera – Up to 24+16MP or 32MP
- Cellular – LTE Cat-7 (DL) / Cat-13 (UL); Dual 4G VoLTE
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2 and FM radio
- GNSS – GPS/GLONASS/Beidou or GPS/GLONASS/Galileo co-receive
- MediaTek CorePilot 4.0 – Energy Aware Scheduling, thermal management and UX monitoring
- Manufacturing Process – TSMC 12nm FinFET
All-in-all the new processor looks very much like the old ones expect for some small bumps in CPU and GPU frequencies (CA73 2.0 GHz to 2.1 GHz, Mali-G72 800 to 900 MHz), and support for higher resolution dual camera setups (24+16MP vs 16+20MP) plus faster JPEG processing. The press release also mentions 10-30% more AI processing efficiency than the previous P60 thanks to a multi-core APU clocked at up to 525MHz combined with various MediaTek NeuroPilot enhancements and a new, intelligent multi-threading scheduler.
MediaTek Helio P70 mass production has started, and phones based on the processor are expected to launch in November. A few more details should be available in the product page.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|