Allwinner H6 TV box SoC was announced last year with some interesting specifications with a quad core Cortex A53 processor clocked at up to 1.8 GHz, 4K & 6K HDR video playback Gigabit Ethernet, USB 3.0, PCIe, etc… and was launched exclusively on Zidoo H6 Pro TV box, which delivered good performance and video playback capabilities, but at $99 was quite more expensive that RK3328 or Amlogic S905 based TV boxes.
Lateron we started to find the processor in low cost development board such as Pine64 Pine H64 and Orange Pi One Plus, but I don’t think those become popular, and Allwinner H6 PCIe appears to have been botched. Nevetheless, Allwinner H6 is still a good platform for what i was designed for: TV boxes, and thanks to GearBest, it’s currently possible to purchase EACHLINK H6 Mini for just $39.99 including shipping.
EACHLINK H6 Mini specifications:
- SoC – AllWinner H6 quad-core Arm Cortex-A53 processor up to 1.8GHz with Mali-T720MP2 GPU
- System Memory – 3GB DDR3
- Storage – 32GB eMMC flash, micro SD card reader up to 64GB
- Video Output – 1x HDMI 2.0a up to 4K @ 60hz with HDR support, 3.5mm AV port (composite)
- Audio I/F – HDMI, AV port (stereo audio), coaxial S/PDIF
- Video Playback
- H.265/HEVC Main/Main10 profile @ level 5.2 high-tier up to 4K @ 60fps / 6K @ 30 fps
- VP9 Profile 0/2, up to 4K @ 30fps
- H264/AVC BP/MP/[email protected], MVC, up to 4Kx2K @ 30fps
- MKV, MP4, Blu-ray ISO, 3D MVC…
- SmartColor 3.0 image optimization engine
- Connectivity – 10/100Mbps, 802.11b/g/n WiFi (2.4 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1 (Relatek RTL8723)
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 port, 1x USB3.0 port.
- Misc – IR receiver, IR extension jack, front panel display, power button
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 9.60 x 9.60 x 1.90 cm
- Weight – 120 grams
The box runs Android 7.1.2, and ships with a remote control, an HDMI cable, a power adapter, and a user manual in English. Note the promotion for $39.99 is only valid until stock lasts or October 28th, after which price will go up to $44.99 and then $55.99.