Xiaomi Mi Box S TV box running Android TV 8.1 launched last month as an upgrade to the popular Xiaomi Mi Box with very similar specifications, but a new remote control, and a cheaper $60 price tag. That means if you already own a working Mi Box you probably don’t want to upgrade, but if you haven’t already that’s a better deal.
There’s one caveat however. It’s only available in the US at Walmart, so if you leave in another part of the world it’s not easily possible to order one, except going via a US forwarder. The good news is that you can now purchase it on GearBest for $55.99 with coupon GBMIBOXS (Note: they only have 1,000 pieces at this price).
- SoC – Amlogic S905X quad core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 1.5GHz with penta-core Mali-450MP GPU
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0a up to 4K @ 60 Hz with HDR support
- Audio – 3.5mm audio jack, Dolby Audio and DTS support
- Video Codecs – 4K H.265 @ 60 fps, 4K VP9, 4K H.264 up to 30 fps, MPEG1/2/, VC1, DivX 4/5 up to 1080p60
- Connectivity – Dual band 802.11 b/g/n WiFi (WiFi 4) + Bluetooth 4.2 LE + EDR
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 port
- Power Supply – 5.2V/2.1A
- Dimensions – 95 x 95 x 17 mm
- Weight – 145 grams
As I understand it, it’s the exact same model as sold in Walmart, but it ships with only two of the accessories, namely the new improved remote control, and a user manual if the product description is correct. The two batteries and HDMI cable found in the Walmart package are not included.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|