Low cost Allwinner H6 TV boxes are now a thing, after the $40 EACHLINK H6 Mini TV box we covered last month, here’s another model slightly more expensive but with 4GB RAM instead of 3GB, and dual band WiFi. It does however drops the AV port found in EACHLINK model.
Tanix TX6 specifications:
- SoC – AllWinner H6 quad-core Arm Cortex-A53 processor up to 1.5 GHz with Mali-T720MP2 GPU
- System Memory – 4GB DDR3
- Storage – 32GB eMMC flash, micro SD card slot up to 128GB
- Video Output – 1x HDMI 2.0a up to 4K @ 60hz with HDR support
- Audio I/F – HDMI, coaxial S/PDIF
- Video Playback
- H.265/HEVC Main/Main10 profile @ level 5.2 high-tier up to 4K @ 60fps / 6K @ 30 fps
- VP9 Profile 0/2, up to 4K @ 30fps
- H264/AVC BP/MP/[email protected], MVC, up to 4Kx2K @ 30fps
- MKV, MP4, Blu-ray ISO, 3D MVC…
- SmartColor 3.0 image optimization engine
- Connectivity – 10/100Mbps Ethernet, dual band 802.11b/g/n WiFi (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz) 2×2 MIMO and Bluetooth 4.1 with internal + external antennas
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports, 1x USB3.0 port
- Misc – IR receiver, front panel display
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 10.50 x 10.50 x 2.5 cm
- Weight – TBD
It also turns out GS12 Amlogic S905X2 TV box is not the only low cost box with 2T2R WiFi, as Tanix TX6 also supports 2×2 MIMO WiFi using both an internal antenna and an external antenna.
The device runs Android 7.1 with ALICE UX, and ships with an IR remote control, an HDMI cable, a power adapter, and a user manual.