Several Amlogic S905X2 TV boxes running Android have launched with products such as X96 Max, Beelink GT1 Mini, H96 Max X2, or Mecool KM9. Some of those boxes come with WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, and others feature better WiFI 802.11ac (WiFi 5), but according to ACEMAX no model comes with a 2T2R (2 transmit / 2 receiver) antenna setup (aka 2×2 MIMO) except for their G12S TV box sold on Aliexpress for $55.99.
So if you aim for the best WiFi throughput possible in your TV box, it might be worth having a go. ACEMAX normally adds their brand on OEM product, and the actual manufacturer should be ShiningWorth with the G12x2 model.
G12x2 / G12S TV box specifications:
- SoC – Amlogic S905X2 quad core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 2.0 GHz with Mali-G31 MP2 “Dvalin” GPU
- System Memory – 4GB LPDDR4
- Storage – 32GB or 64GB eMMC flash, micro SD card slot up to 64GB
- Video & Audio Outputs
- HDMI 2.1 output up to 4K @ 75 Hz with HDR/HDCP 2.2/CEC
- 3.5mm AV port (composite + stereo audio)
- Video Codecs – VP9 Profile-2 up to 4K 60fps, 10-bit H.265 up to 4K 60fps, AVS2-P2 up to 4K 60fps, H.264/AVC up to 4K 30fps, H.264 MVC up to 1080p60, MPEG-4 ASP up to 1080p60 (ISO-14496), etc..
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, dual band 802.11 b/g/n/ac 2T2R WiFi (WiFi 5), Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port, 1x USB 2.0 port
- Misc – IR receiver, power LED
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 11.5 x 11.5 x 2.4 cm
The box runs Android 8.1, and ships with an IR remote control, a power adapter, an HDMI cable, and a user manual.
If you’ve never really looked into 2T2R, Dlink a has a good article explaining how multiple antenna setups all work, including in 3×3 MIMO configuration.
Thanks to theguyuk for the tip
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.