A few years ago, SolidRun launched ClearFog Pro and Base router boards based on Marvell ARMADA 388 Armv7 (32-bit) processor, and about a year later, the company introduced MACCHIATObin networking board powered by a more powerful Marvell ARMADA 8040 quad core Cortex A72 processor.
The company has now given an upgraded to its ClearFog family with ClearFog GT 8K networking board powered on the same ARMADA A8040 processor as on the community board, and offering support for up to 16GB RAM, 6 network interfaces including one 10GbE SFP+ cage , and three mPCIe slots.
ClearFog GT 8K specifications:
- SoC – Marvell ARMADA A8040 quad-core Cortex A72 processor up to 2GHz (commercial), up to 1.6 GHz (industrial)
- Memory – DIMM slot for up to 16GB DDR4
- Storage – Up to 128GB eMMC flash, 64 Mbit SPI flash, micro SD slot, M.2 SSD via optional M.2 mPCIe adapter
- 4x 1GbE switched LAN (RJ45) with 2.5 Gbps uplink to SoC
- 1x 1GbE WAN (RJ45)
- 1 x SFP+ (up to 10GbE)
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port
- Expansion – 3 x mPCIe sockets (USB 2.0 + PCIe), GPIO header
- Misc – Indication LEDs, user push buttons, RTC battery holder, UART header for debug
- Power Supply – 12V input DC jack
- Dimensions – 177mm x 110mm
- Temperature Range – Commercial: 0 to 70°C; industrial: -40 to +85°C
Some of ClearFog GT 8K potential applications include Virtual Client Premises Equipment (vCPE), network security, NFV (Network Function Virtualization), Edge & Fog Device for IoT at the edge, and high-end IoT gateway.
ClearFog 8K GT pricing starts at $209 with the board fitted with 8GB eMMC flash, and goes up to $612 with 128GB eMMC flash, and 16 GB DDR4. Those are the prices for the commercial grade version, since the industrial grade one does not appear to be sold online. More details may be available on the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|