The new single board computer features the same ARMADA 8040 quad core Cortex A72 processor as found in the GT 8K model, but complies with COM Express type 7 standard, and takes the company’s CEx7 A8040 module, and in the future any compatible COM Express type 7 module that may be launched by the company, or others.
ClearFog CX 8K specifications:
- Supported COM Module – CEx7 A8040 Marvell ARMADA A8040 quad-core Arm Cortex A72
- Memory – Up to 16GB DDR4 DIMM
- Storage – M.2b & M 2280 SSD, microSD slot, on-module eMMC flash, SATA 3.0 port
- Networking – 4x SPF+ cages including 2x 10GbE SFP, 1x 1GbE copper (RJ45)
- USB – 1x USB 3.0
- 2 x mPCIe
- 1 x PCIe x4 Gen 3.0
- I/O – GPIO header
- Debugging – MicroUSB for debug (UART over USB)
- Misc – Indication LEDs, user push buttons, temp. & power station, RTC battery
- Power Supply – 12V input DC jack
- Dimensions – 190mm x 127mm (COM Express type 7 basic)
The company offers support for the Yocto Project, Debian, and Linux 4.4.x, and software documentation can be found in the Wiki.
Pricing starts at $360 with a COM Express module with 8GB eMMC flash, no DIMM memory, and heatsink. Price goes up to $690 when fitted with 16GB DDR4 memory. Further information may be available on the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.