RAK Wireless has just launched a new indoor LoRa gateway with their RAK7258 model featuring Semtech SX1301 8-channel digital baseband chip. The OpenWrt gateway supports Ethernet with PoE, 2.4GHz WiFi, optional NB-IoT, LTE Cat M, LTE 4G module, and is fully compatible with LoRaWAN 1.0.2.
The gateway supports all main LoRa regions including EU433, CN470, EU868, US915, and AS923.
RAK7258 gateway specifications:
- SoC – MediaTek MT7628 MIPS 24KEc processor @ 580 MHz
- System Memory – 128MB DDR2 RAM
- Storage – eMMC flash, microSD card slot
- 10/100 Ethernet with PoE
- 802.11 b/g/n WiFi 4 with internal antenna
- LoRa via RAK833 mini PCIe card + RP-SMA antenna
- Cellular – Extended NB-IoT, Cat M, LTE 4G, supported by default; nano SIM card slot
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 host port
- Console – RJ45 RS-232 port
- Misc – 6x status LED
- Power Supply – 12V/2A (default) or 42-57V DC PoE
- Dimensions – 180 x 120 x 43 mm (plastic enclosure)
- Weight – 300 grams
- IP Rating – IP31
The gateway is meant to be mounted to ceilings or walls. The software has a built-in LoRa packet forwarder, and a web based graphical user interface allows configuration of network environment, firewall, TTN and Cayenne configuration, and various other parameters. More details about the hardware and software can be found in the documentation page.
RAK Wirelesss RAK7258 gateway is now sold for $149 including shipping and the package also includes a power adapter, a LoRa antenna, two screw anchors and two tapping screws for mounting.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|