Several Amlogic S905X2 TV boxes have been launched in the last few months, but most of them are still running a modified version of Android 8.1 for smartphones. MECOOL KM3 is said to be a Google certified TV box running Android 9.0, which has to be Android TV 9.0 since Google will not certify a TV box without their TV optimized operating system.
- SoC – Amlogic S905X2 quad core Arm Cortex-A53 processor with Mali-G31 MP2 “Dvalin” GPU
- System Memory – 4GB DDR4
- Storage – 64GB eMMC flash, micro SD card slot up to 32GB
- Video & Audio Outputs
- HDMI 2.1 output up to 4K @ 75 Hz with HDR/HDCP 2.2/CEC
- 3.5mm AV port (composite + stereo audio)
- Video Codecs – VP9 Profile-2 up to 4K 60fps, 10-bit H.265 up to 4K 60fps, AVS2-P2 up to 4K 60fps, H.264/AVC up to 4K 30fps, H.264 MVC up to 1080p60, MPEG-4 ASP up to 1080p60 (ISO-14496), etc..
- Connectivity –
GigabitFast Ethernet, dual band 802.11 b/g/n/ac 2T2R WiFi 5, Bluetooth 4.1
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port, 1x USB 2.0 port
- Misc – IR receiver, power LED
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 10.9 x 10.8 x 1.7 cm
- Weight – 130 grams
Having a Google certified TV box mean the TV box will support YouTube 4K (3840×2160 @ 30 fps), Google assistant via the remote control, Google Cast, OTA firmware update to the latest Android version, and so on. Note that Netflix certification is a different matter, and the product page do not mention anything about this so you may be limited to SD stream for Netflix.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|