When we wrote about Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Hardware Development Kit last month, and while it was not available at the time, we expected it to eventually be sold through Intrinsyc.
And sure enough, the company is now taking orders for the very first Snapdragon 855 development board sold under the “Open-Q 855” name. Price tag: $1,149 for the board only. The expansion board and display pictured below are not included by default and sold separately
We already had a pretty good idea of the technical details last month, but Intrinsyc has provided us with the missing bits of information for Snapdragon 855 HDK specifications:
- SoC – Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Octa-core processor with 1x Kryo 485 Gold Prime core at up to 2.7+ GHz, 3x Kryo 485 Gold cores at up to 2.4+ GHz, and 4x Kryo 485 Silver low-power cores at up to 1.7 GHz, Adreno 640 GPU, Hexagon 690 DSP
- System Memory – 6GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Storage – 128GB UFS 2.1 flash, micro SD card slot
- Video Output
- 2x 4-lane MIPI DSI + touch panel
- 1x HDMI 1.4 via MIPI DSI to HDMI bridge up to 4K30
- DisplayPort over USB 3.1 type-C port
- Camera Input – 3x 4-lane MIPI CSI with support for 3D camera configuration
- Decode – Up to 4K120 or 8K30
- Encode – Up to 4K60
- Decode + Encode – 4K60 decode and 4K30 encode simultaneously for wireless display
- Qualcomm WCD9341 audio codec
- 3.5mm audio headset jack
- Expansion headers for 2x loudspeakers, 1x earpiece, 3x analog MIC, 4x digital MIC
- Gigabit Ethernet
- WiFi 5 802.11ac 2×2 with MU-MIMO; “WiFi 6 ready” + Bluetooth 5.0 via Atheros WCN3998
- GNSS – GPS/GLONASS/COMPASS/GALILEO
- USB – 2x USB 3.0 type A ports, 1x USB 3.1 type-C port
- 2x Sensor I/O connectors
- Mini PCIe interface
- 1x Low Speed (LS) GPIO expansion headers
- 1x High Speed (HS) expansion header
- VERTIGO connector
- Debugging – 1x micro USB port
- Misc – 4x user LEDs, WiFi and Bluetooth LEDs, power and volume buttons
- Power Supply – 12V/5A DC via power barrel, or battery (not included); Qualcomm power and battery management (PM8150, PM8150L, PM8150B and PM8009)
- Dimensions – 100×85 mm (96Boards CE Extended form factor)
The platform supports Android 9 Pie. The kit includes Open-Q 855 HDK single board computer, a 12V power adapter, a USB cable, a Quick Start Guide, access to documentation, software updates, and basic support.
If you’d like the 5.7″ touch screen display (2560×1440 resolution) and expansion board shown in the first photo that’s an extra $389, and a 12MP + 5MP dual front-facing camera, as well as a dual 12MP + 13MP rear camera will also be offered as options, but pricing is not listed on Intrinsyc website. More details can be found on the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.