AMD Ryzen Embedded R1000 dual core/quad thread processors launched a few days ago, and we’ve seen a few products based on the new processor including Atari VCS gaming console, and ASRock iBox-R1000 mini PC as well as the corresponding 4″ NUC-R1000 motherboard.
Sapphire FS-FP5R 5×5 is another motherboard based on AMD Ryzen R1606G or R1505G processor with support for three independent display connected over DisplayPort++, and targeting for small form factor embedded applications such as electronic gaming machines, medical imaging, interactive digital signage, thin clients, PoS (Point-of-Sale) terminals and more.
- SoC (one or the other)
- AMD Ryzen Embedded R1505G dual core/quad core processor @ with Radeon Vega 3 graphics; 12 to 25W TDP
- AMD Ryzen Embedded R1606G dual core/quad core processor @ with Radeon Vega 3 graphics; 12 to 25W TDP
- System Memory – 2x DDR4 ECC/Non-ECC SO-DIMMs; Dual Channel speed up to DDR4-2400
- Storage – 1x SATA 3 port, 1x M.2 M Key slot for PCIe or SATA SSD
- I/O Chipset – Fintek F81803
- Display Interface – 3x DP++ Display Outputs
- Audio – ALC262 HD 4-channel audio codec
- Connectivity – 2x Gigabit Ethernet via Realtek RTL8111G PCIe transceivers, optional M..2 card for wireless
- USB – 3x USB2.0 ports, two at the rear and one at the front; 1x USB3.1 USB type C at the front
- Serial Port – 1x RS232/422/485 header
- Expansion Slots
- M.2 2280 M Key slot (PCIe x 4 or SATA III) for storage
- M.2 2230 E Key slot (PCIe x 1 + USB 2.0) for wireless connectivity
- Misc – 256-level watchdog timer; HW monitor
- Power Supply – 12-19V DC power jack
- Dimensions – 147.3 x 139.7mm (5.8″ x 5.5″)
- Temperature Range – 0°C~50°C
Price is not available, but if you click on the “Buy Now” button in the product page, you’ll be asked to fill contact details to request for a quotation.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|