Another board with Ryzen Embedded processor is SAPPHIRE FS-FP5V 5″ board with support for up to four independent displays, and suitable solution for digital signage, POS terminal, electronic gaming machines, medical imaging, thin clients, and so on.
- AMD Ryzen Embedded V1202B 2 cores / 4 threads @ 2 GHz / 3.6 GHz (Turbo) with Radeon Vega 3 @ 1100 MHz; 12-25W TDP
- AMD Ryzen Embedded V1605B 4 cores / 8 threads @ 2.06 GHz / 3.6 GHz (Turbo) with Radeon Vega 8 GPU @ 1100 MHz; 12-25W
- AMD Ryzen Embedded V1756B 4 cores / 8 threads @ 3.25 GHz / 3.6 GHz
with Radeon Vega 8 GPU @ 1100 MHz; 35-54W TDP
- AMD Ryzen Embedded V1807B 4 cores / 8 threads @ 3.35 GHz / 3.8 GHz with Radeon Vega 11 GPU @ 1300 MHz; 35-54W TDP
- System Memory – 2x SO-DIMM slots for DDR4-3200 ECC/non-ECC memory
- Storage – 1x SATA 3.0 connector, 1x M.2 2280 Key M slot (PCIe x4 or SATA III)
- Video Output – 4x Dual-mode DisplayPort 1.4 (DP++) outputs also supporting HDMI or DVI ports.
- Audio – ALC262 HD audio codec; 3.5mm audio jack
- Connectivity – Dual Gigabit Ethernet (via Realtek RTL8111G), M.2 2242 Key E slot with PCIe x1 for WiFi module
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 port, 1x USB 3.1 Gen 1 type C port
- Serial – 1x RS-232/RS-422/RS-485 header
- Misc – GPIO headers
- Power Supply – 19V DC power barrel
- Dimensions – 147.3 x 139.7 mm (5.8″ x 5.5″)
- Temperature Range – 0 to 50°C
If like me, you are not quite familiar with all DisplayPort features, dual mode DisplayPort (DP++) means simple passive adapters can be used to connect HDMI or DVI displays. Dual mode is an optional features of DisplayPort, so if it is not mentioned, better assumed it is not supported.
The board supports both Windows and Linux operating systems, and the company even provides drivers for Windows 10 64-bit, as well as Ubuntu 16.04 32-/64-bit with either Linux 4.9 or Linux 4.14.14 kernel on the product page. The company does not list the prices on the page, but you can still purchase the board by email. However, Tom’s Hardware got the price list for the four models:
- FS-FP5V1202B – $325
- FS-FP5V1605B – $340
- FS-FP5V1756B – $390
- FS-FP5V1807B – $450
If those prices are a bit to high, and you’d prefer a lower cost and/or lower power solution, but are still interested in going with AMD, Sapphire also sells LX-210 motherboard launched last year for less than $100 with AMD G-series LX210 dual core processor.