One of the first Amlogic S922X TV box to show up in our news feed was Beelink GT1-K “King” with 4GB LPDDR4, 64GB eMMC flash, and all interfaces and features you’d expect from a higher end TV box including 4K HDR, HDMI 2.1 output, Gigabit Ethernet, USB 3.0 and so on.
The Android 9.0 TV was only unveiled at the time, and we had yet to know about pricing. The media player has now started to sell on Aliexpress under the VORKE brand for $114 including shipping.
VORKE GT-King specifications:
- SoC – Amlogic S922X hexa-core big.LITTLE processor with 4x Arm Cortex A73 cores @ up to 1.8 GHz, 2x Arm Cortex A53 cores @ 1.9 GHz, Arm Mali-G52MP4 GPU @ 846MHz; 12nm manufacturing process
- System Memory – 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- Storage – 64GB eMMC flash, microSD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.1 up to 4K @ 75 Hz, AV port (composite)
- Video – AVE-10 engine with 4K UHD H.265/VP9/AVS2 video decoding up to 60 fps, Dolby Vision, Advanced HDR10, HDR10+, HLG, and PRIME HDR high-dynamic range support
- Audio – Digital audio via HDMI, stereo analog audio via 3.5mm AV jack, optical S/PDIF
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, dual band 802.11 b/g/n/ac 2×2 MIMO WiFi 5, Bluetooth 4.1
- USB – 2x USB 3.0 ports, 1x USB 2.0 OTG port
- Misc – Upgrade button, green LED
- Power Supply – 12V DC / 1.5A power barrel jack
- Dimensions – 108 x 108 x 15.3 mm
The TV box runs Android 9.0 operating system, and ships with a power adapter, an HDMI cable, a 2.4GHz voice remote control, and a user manual.
VORKE is normally a GeekBuying brand, but the box is not yet listed on the website, and only on “VORKE Official Store” on Aliexpress for now. At the time of writing, VORKE GT-KING is the only Amlogic S922X TV box listed on Aliexpress. The only other S922X hardware that’s available right now is ODROID-N2 single board computer.
Thanks to Adrian for the tip.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.