At first look, Vosen V1 appears to be like any other 4K HDR Android TV box powered by Amlogic S905X2 quad-core Cortex-A53 processor, but it offers a bit more thanks to a built-in IR blaster allowing you to control other appliances in the room such as air conditioner, television, or A/V receiver.
The box can be further enhanced by plugging-in a Z-Wave USB adapter to control & monitor even more compatible devices around the house such as light bulbs or water-leak sensors.
Vosen V1 specifications:
- SoC – Amlogic S905X2 quad core Arm Cortex-A53 with Mali-G31 MP2 GPU
- System Memory – 2GB LPDDR4 RAM
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash, microSD card slot up to 32GB
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI 2.1 output up to 4K @ 75 Hz with HDR, 3.5mm AV port (composite + stereo audio)
- Video Codecs – VP9 Profile-2 up to 4K 60fps, 10-bit H.265/HEVC up to 4K 60fps, AVS2-P2 up to 4K 60fps, H.264/AVC up to 4K 30fps, H.264 MVC up to 1080p60, MPEG-4 ASP up to 1080p60 (ISO-14496), etc..
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, dual-band 802.11 b/g/n/ac WiFi 5, Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port, 1x USB 2.0 port
- Misc – IR receiver, IR blaster, LED indicator
- Power Supply – 5V/2A via power barrel jack
- Dimensions – 100 x 100 x 17.5 mm
- Weight – 150 grams
If you want to leverage the smart home capabilities of the TV box, you’ll need to install SURE app in your Android phone, and register the TV box/gateway to control devices using IR codes from a database of devices. If you need to control Z-Wave devices, you’ll need to separately purchase a compatible USB dongle for about $30 to $45.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|