Xunison X-Brain is an All-in-One smart home hub that integrates a high-performance secure router, a home server, a WiFi, Z-Wave & Bluetooth gateway.
X-Brain runs Android
TV operating system, so you can watch live television, stream videos from Netflix, Hulu or IPTV services with EPG, as well as install apps from Google Play. The home automation part of the system allows you to control Z-Wave & Bluetooth Smart Home devices, monitor your home security system, control your home energy consumption, and so on.
Xunison X-Brain V1 preliminary hardware specifications:
- Multimedia subsystem
- SoC – Unnamed quad-core processor @ 1.5 GHz with penta-core Arm Mali-450 3G GPU, likely Amlogic S905X
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 16 GB eMMC flash + micro SD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI + AV port (composite)
- Audio – HDMI output, AV (stereo audio), and S/PDIF
- Router subsystem
- SoC – Mediatek MT7628 580MHz MIPS 24KEc processor
- Storage – 256 Mbit flash
- WiFi – 802.11n 2T2R via MT7628, 802.11ac via MT7612 chip; 1200 Mbps total bandwidth; WPS button
- Ethernet – 1x WAN port, 2x LAN port; 10/100M Ethernet
- Other Network Connectivity – Z-wave, Bluetooth Mesh
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports
- Misc – Support for 2.4GHz remote control
X-Brain is said to run Android
TV 7.1.2, and the user interface appears to be based on Kodi let’s you control media playback, home automation and security (CCTV). The router subsystem most probably runs OpenWrt, but I could not find specific information about this part. The video below gives a good overview of the capabilities of the device.
If you don’t have time to watch the video, I’ve included screenshot of the home automation user interface,
and the energy management UI.
Availability and price have not been made public, and if you plan on buying one, you’d need to inquire via the product page. The form looks to be made for distributors/businesses since they ask for your company name.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|