BPI Tech, a spinoff from SinoVoIP, has introduced a new single board computer with Banana Pi BPI-F2S powered by SunPlus SP7021 “Plus1” SoC with four Cortex-A7 cores, one older ARM9 real-time core, and one even older 8051 IO controller. The chip also embeds up to 512MB DDR3 memory.
The board comes an 8GB flash, dual Fast Ethernet, HDMI, a 40-pin Raspberry Pi compatible GPIO header, as well as headers for an optional Xilinx Artix-7 FPGA expansion board.
- SoC – Sunplus SP7021 “Plus1” with a quad-core Cortex-A7 processor @ 1.0 GHz, one Arm A926 microprocessor, an 8051 core to handle I/Os, and 128MB or 512MB DDR3 DRAM.
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash, microSD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4 output
- Camera I/F – MIPI CSI connector
- Connectivity – 2x 10/100M Ethernet
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB port
- 40-pin GPIO header compatible with Raspberry Pi header
- 2x 50-pin FPGA interface for Trenz Electronic TE0725LP-01-100-2D Artix 7 FPGA board
- Undocumented 50-pin header that may be routed to the 40-pin RPI signals.
- Debugging – 3-pin header for UART console, 10-pin JTAG header, SWD ICE port
- Security – TPM 2.0 chip ST33TPH2EI2C
- Misc – Power switch, reset button, boot selection dip switch
- Power Supply – 12VDC via power barrel jack
- Dimensions – N/A
The company provides a Yocto-based Linux distribution for the board, but so far there’s no source code nor firmware for download. Sunplus Plus1 and BPI-F2S SBC are said to be suitable for IoT/Industrial Internet control, smart audio, smart payment, FPGA education & development, as well as automotive networking technology and applications.
BPi-F2S board was introduced on Hackster.io a few days ago, and more technical details can be found in wiki.banana-pi.org/Banana_Pi_BPI-F2S.
As mentioned in the specs, the board can take Trenz Electronic TEO725LP-01-100-2D FPGA module selling for 119 Euros ex. VAT.
- FPGA – Xilinx Artix-7 XC7A100T-2CSG324C FPGA with 101,440 logic cells, 240 DSP slices, 8x GTP 6.6 Gbps transceivers
- System Memory & Storage – 32 MByte Flash memory, I2C EEPROM, optional HyperRAM or HyperFlash
- 2x 50 pin headers with 2.54 mm pitch
- 95x I/O’s (42 + 42 + 3 + 8)
- Suitable for breadboard use
- Clock – 25 MHz system clock (100 MHz can be customized on request)
- Debugging – JTAG/UART connector
- Misc – 1x user LED
- Power Supply – 1.8 V single supply with on-board voltage regulators
- Dimensions – 7.3 x 3.5 cm
- Temperature Range – Commercial (industrial on request)
Sunplus Technology worked in collaboration with Tibbo Technology to design SP7021 “Plus1” SoC which targets industrial control and will have long term availability of 10 years.
- Quad-core Cortex-A7 CPU @ 1.0 GHz with 512KB L2 cache
- Arm A926 real-time core @ 202 MHz
- 8051 core for I/Os. 500uA @ 32KHz for the entire IC
- System Memory – 128MB or 512MB DDR3 DRAM
- Storage I/F – eMMC flash interface, SPI NOR / NAND flash interface, SD card interface
- Video Input/Output
- HDMI Tx 1.4
- Parallel LCD
- MIPI LCD camera interface
- Audio – TDM, PDM, I2S input & output
- Connectivity – Dual Ethernet MAC controllers with built-in Ethernet switch
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 HS/OTG interfaces
- Other I/Os & Peripherals
- 8x 8-bit 5V-tolerant IO ports, plus one high-current port.
- Up to 64x GPIO’s
- Up to 4x PWM
- 4x UART, 4x SPI, 4x I2C
- 4x Timers
- Special interface to connect to FPGA
- Flexible Peripheral Multiplexing (PinMux)
- Security – Secure Boot, Crypto Engine (RSA/AES/MD5/SHA3)
- Debug – SWD/JTAG and console UART
- Power Management
- Embedded DC-DC convert:
- Single 3.3V power supply
- 3.3V to 0.90V for CA7
- 3.3V to 1.5V for DDR3
- 3.3V to 1.2V for peripherals
- Embedded DC-DC convert:
- Package – 20x20mm LQFP176-EP package
- Temperature range – Industrial: -40°C ~ +85°C
Sunplus SP7021-IF with 512MB RAM is sold for $20 on Tibbo website.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|