Intel Myriad X vision processing unit was first introduced in 2017 as an upgrade to Myriad 2 VPU delivering up to 1 TOPS of neural compute performance. The new chip was eventually integrated into Intel Neural Compute Stick 2 launched late last year.
We previously wrote about AAEON Boxer 8310AI family of Apollo Lake mini PCs featuring a Myriad X mPCIe module, but there’s now another company, namely Taiwan-based IEI, that has launched its own Myriad X powered rugged mini PC. Meet IEI ITG-100AI fanless AI embedded system.
- SoC – Intel Atom x5-E3930 dual-core Apollo lake processor @ 1.3GHz / 1.8 GHz (Turbo) with 12EU Intel HD Graphics 500; TDP: 6.5W
- System Memory: – 1x 204-pin DDR3L SO-DIMM slot pre-installed with 8 GB memory
- Storage – 128GB SATADOM, MicroSD slot, optional eMMC 5.0 flash up to 32GB.
- Display – 1 x VGA
- Connectivity – 2x RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet via Intel I211 PCIe controller
- USB – 2 x USB 3.0
- Serial ports – 2 x RS-232/422/485 interfaces via DB-9 and RJ45 ports
- 1 x M.2 A key 2230 socket (PCIe x1, USB2.0)
- 1x mini PCIe socket fitted with Mustang-MPCIE-MX2 AI accelerator based on Myriad X VPU
- Misc – Power & reset buttons, AT/ATX Switch, LEDs for HDD and power (Green); programmable watchdog timer
- Power Supply – 9~36V DC-in via 2-pin terminal block
- Dimensions – 137 x 102.8 x 49.4 mm (Extruded aluminum alloy)
- Operating Temperature – -20°C ~ 50°C with airflow
- Humidity – 10% ~ 95% RH, non-condensing
- Operating Shock: Half-sine wave shock 5G, 11ms, 100 shocks per axis, IEC68-2-27
- Operating Vibration: MIL-STD-810G 514.6C-1
- Safety/EMC – CE/FCC
The mini PC supports Windows 10, and Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, and ships with a 36W power adapter, a power cable, a power cord, a screw kit, a DIN-rail mounting bracket, and an RJ-45 to DB-9 COM port cable.
Typical applications include
- 2x Intel Movidius Myriad X VPU MA2485 (2TOPS)
- Power Consumption – Around 7.5 Watts
- Dimensions – 50 x 30 mm (mini PCIe form factor)
- Temperature Range – 0°C~55°C (In TANK AIoT Dev. Kit)
- Cooling – Active Heatsink
Just like in AAEON AI Core X modules, the Myriad X VPU’s can be leveraged using Intel’s OpenVINO toolkit compatible with Tensorflow and Caffe AI frameworks, and supporting AlexNet, GoogleNetV1/V2, Mobile_SSD, MobileNetV1/V2, MTCNN, Squeezenet1.0/1.1, Tiny Yolo V1 & V2, Yolo V2, and ResNet-18/50/101.
The ITG-100AI DIM-rail embedded mini PC is available now at an undisclosed price. Further details may be found or/and a quote be requested on the product page. There’s no price info for the Mustang-MPCIE-MX2 module either, but for more information, you can visit the module page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|