After ClearFog GT 8K earlier this year, SolidRun has now launched another variant of their Marvell ARMADA based ClearFog networking boards: ClearFog CX 8K.
The new single board computer features the same ARMADA 8040 quad core Cortex A72 processor as found in the GT 8K model, but complies with COM Express type 7 standard, and takes the company’s CEx7 A8040 module, and in the future any compatible COM Express type 7 module that may be launched by the company, or others.
ClearFog CX 8K specifications:
- Supported COM Module – CEx7 A8040 Marvell ARMADA A8040 quad-core Arm Cortex A72
- Memory – Up to 16GB DDR4 DIMM
- Storage – M.2b & M 2280 SSD, microSD slot, on-module eMMC flash, SATA 3.0 port
- Networking – 4x SPF+ cages including 2x 10GbE SFP, 1x 1GbE copper (RJ45)
- USB – 1x USB 3.0
- 2 x mPCIe
- 1 x PCIe x4 Gen 3.0
- I/O – GPIO header
- Debugging – MicroUSB for debug (UART over USB)
- Misc – Indication LEDs, user push buttons, temp. & power station, RTC battery
- Power Supply – 12V input DC jack
- Dimensions – 190mm x 127mm (COM Express type 7 basic)
The company offers support for the Yocto Project, Debian, and Linux 4.4.x, and software documentation can be found in the Wiki.
Pricing starts at $360 with a COM Express module with 8GB eMMC flash, no DIMM memory, and heatsink. Price goes up to $690 when fitted with 16GB DDR4 memory. Further information may be available on the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.