But the comparison stops there. The NVIDIA processor is replaced by a quad-core Cortex-A7 processor, the display has a lower resolution, the controllers aren’t detachable, and unsurprisingly you can’t play any Nintendo Switch games.
Powkiddy X2 specification:
- SoC – Quad-core Cortex-A7 processor @ 1.3 GHz (possibly Rockchip RK3128)
- System Memory – TBD
- Storage – TBD flash storage, MicroSD card slot
- Display – 7″ IPS display with 1024×600 resolution
- Video Output – Mini HDMI output
- Audio – 3.5mm audio jack; speaker(s); MP3/MP4 audio playback
- USB – 2x Micro USB port to connect external gamepads
- User input – 2x rockers, 2x D-PADs, select and start keys, function key, L&R; power & reset keys, volume control
- Battery – 3,000 mAh
The console is said to come with 11 game console emulators to play retro games for the Sony PlayStation (1), Sega MegaDrive, NeoGeo, NES, SNES, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advance, as well as Arcade consoles such FBA and ones based on CP System (CPS) board. The device supports 11 languages while the game catalog is available in both Chinese and English.
If you are interested, Powkiddy X2 is sold for under $80 on Aliexpress.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|