Kano PC specifications:
- SoC – Intel Celeron N4000 dual-core Gemini Lake processor @ 1.10 GHz with Intel UHD graphics; 6W TDP
- System Memory – 4GB DDR3L RAM
- Storage – 64GB eMMC flash with 164 MB/s write speed, MicroSD slot
- Display – 11.6″ touchscreen with 1366 x 768 resolution
- Audio – 3.5mm headphone jack, 3.5mm speaker level jack, 1x microphone
1x HDMI port
- Connectivity – Dual-band Wi-Fi 4 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0
- USB – 2x USB 3.0, 1x USB-C
- LEDs – 1x power on (red), 1x barrel connector (red), 1x battery connected – USB C (red), 2x USB ports ON LED (green), 1x Headphone ON LED (blue), 1x HDMI – (yellow), 1x micro SD (green), 1x speaker ON LED (blue), 1x microphone (blue)
- Battery – Li-ion battery good for at least 10 hours
- Power Supply – Charging via USB-C power supply
- Dimensions & Weight – TBD
A keyboard is also included, as well as a power supply, and stickers, and user guide.
Kano PC ships with Windows 10 Home, as well as various pre-installed programs including Kano Software Studio with 100+ coding projects, Paint 3D, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Office, Skype, Spotify, and Netflix.
The laptop/tablet is designed for kids, so while it’s technically a DIY laptop like Olimex TERES-I, the assembly is much easier, as users simply need to insert the battery and the speaker before covering the back of the display with an acrylic cover.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|