There’s been a fair amount of leaks related to Xiaomi Mi TV Stick around the web for the last few months, but the company has now finally launched their Android TV TV stick with a quad-core processor, 1GB RAM, and 8GB storage.
While there were rumors about a 4K version, Xiaomi Mi TV Stick only outputs up to 1080p60, and since it runs the official Android TV OS, supports Chromecast and Google Assistant out of the box. Official Price: 39.99 Euros. But you can get it on Aliexpress for as low as $29.99 with coupon 715MITVSTICK.
Xiaomi Mi TV Stick specifications:
- SoC- Amlogic S805Y quad-core Cortex-A53 processor @ 1.2 GHz with Arm Mali-450MP GPU (Source: Twitter)
- System Memory – 1GB RAM
- Storage – 8GB storage
- Video Output – HDMI up to 1080p60
- Video Codecs – VP9-10, H.265, H.264, VC-1, MPEG1/2/4, real 8/9/10
- Audio – Via HDMI, Dolby and DTS support
- Connectivity – Dual-band 802.11b/g/n/ac WiFi 5, Bluetooth 4.2
- Power Supply – 5V via Micro USB port
- Dimensions – 92.4 x 30.2 x 15.2mm
- Weight – 28.5g
The device ships with a simple remote control with Netflix and Amazon Prime video buttons, a user manual, and a power adapter.
Xiaomi announced the Android TV stick at a launch event targetted to the European market. They have a short introduction about Xiaomi Mi TV stick at the one hour mark.