Back in 2018, MeLE unveiled PCG02 Apo TV stick with a 6W Intel Celeron N3450 quad-core Apollo Lake processor, 4GB RAM, 32GB storage, HDMI output, USB 3.0 ports, and an unusual Gigabit Ethernet port for this form factor.
The company is back with an upgraded model as MeLE PCG02 GLK PC stick is based on the same design but with a more powerful Intel Celeron J4105 Gemini Lake processor with a 10W TDP. The design is fanless, so it will be interesting to find out how well they handle cooling.
MeLE PCG02 GLK specifications with upgrades in bold:
- SoC – Intel Celeron J4105 quad-core processor @ 1.50 / 2.50 GHz (Turbo) with 12EU Intel UHD Graphics 600; 10W TDP
- System Memory – 4 GB LPDDR4
- Storage – 64GB eMMC flash + micro SD slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 male port up to 4K @ 60 Hz
- Audio – Via HDMI, and 3.5mm audio combo jack
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, Dual-band 802.11 b/g/n/ac WiFi 5, and Bluetooth 4.2
- USB – 2x USB 3.0 ports
- Misc – Power button, Kensington lock slot; BIOS features: Wake on LAN / PXE/ BIOS One-Step Reset/ Auto Power on
- Power Supply – 5V/3A via micro USB port
- Dimensions – 150 x 54 x 16.5 mm
- Weight – ~140 grams
Besides the faster processor, the PC stick is upgraded to LPDDR4 memory instead of LPDDR3, has more storage (64GB vs 32GB), and supports HDMI 2.0 video output up to 4Kp60, instead of HDMI 1.4 up to 4Kp30. It should be noted that Celeron J4105 is part of the Gemini Lake processors that will be discontinued next year, so if you ever needed long term supply, you’d have to make sure the company can source enough processors or has plans for another pin-compatible processor.
MeLE PCG02 GLK ships with Windows 10 Pro (activated), a 5V/3A power supply with EU/US/UK/AU-Type adapters, an HDMI male/female adapter, and a user manual. There are still using the same Micro USB port for power, and with a 15W power adapter, you’ll certainly be able to connect one USB hard drive, but you may start running into power issues with two USB hard drives.
MeLE uses a 2-part patented fanless cooling system as well as an aluminum case for cooling. The mini PC is small, but not as small as some other HDMI TV or PC sticks, and about the size of a typical aircon remote control, so that helps with cooling too.