In case you wonder if Arm Cortex-A8 processors are still getting used in new products, you’ll be glad to learn AAEON has just launched SRG-3352 Edge IoT Gateway based on an unnamed Arm Cortex-A8 processor @ 800 MHz and designed to power networks for Smart Factories, Smart Cities, and more.
AAEON SRG-3352 specifications:
- SoC – Unnamed Arm Cortex-A8 800 MHz RISC processor, possibly Texas Instrument Sitara AM335x processor
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3L
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash, MicroSD slot
- 2x Gigabit Ethernet (RJ45)
- Optional 802.11b/g/n/ac WiFi 5 and Bluetooth 4.2 via USB port
- Optional NB-IoT or 3G/4G LTE via mini PCIe card; SIM card socket
- Serial Ports – 2x RS-485 interface via Phoenix terminal blocks or D-Sub connectors
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 port, 1x Micro USB 2.0 port
- Misc – RTC with CR2032 Lithium battery, 4 user LEDs, Reset button, optional VGA output
- Power Supply – 9-30V DC Input via terminal block
- Power Consumption – 2.28 W (Typ.)
- Dimensions – 144 x 100 x 44mm
- Gross Weight – 512 grams
- Temperature Range – Operating: 0 °C ~ 60 °C; storage: -40 °C ~ 80 °C
- Humidity – 10% ~ 95% relative humidity, non-condensing
- MTBF (hours) – 855,890
The company also offers both wall-mount and DIN-Rail mounting options for the gateway. AAEON SRG-3352 runs Debian 9 with Linux 4.9 (based on the user manual screenshot), and configuration can be done over the serial command line with the device connected to a computer via the Micro USB port.
AAEON also mentions the SRG-3352 is compatible with popular cloud services including AWS, Azure, and Arm Pelion, or can be configured to work with a customer’s own cloud platform.
AAEON SRG-3352 Edge IoT gateway appears to be available now, but the price has not been made public. Further information may be found on the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|