Earlier this month, we wrote about GMK mini PC as an alternative to Chuwi LarkBox with a more powerful Intel Celeron J4125 processor coupled with 8GB RAM and 128GB SSD.
The tiny computer now has a complete name “GMK NucBox”, and just launched on Indiegogo with rewards starting at $179.
GMK NucBox specifications:
- SoC – Intel Celeron J4125 quad-core Gemini Lake Refresh processor @ 2.0 / 2.7 GHz with Intel UHD Graphics 600; 10W TDP
- System Memory – 8GB LPDDR4
- Storage – 128GB, 256GB or 512GB M.2 2242 SSD, MicroSD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 up to 4K @ 60 Hz
- Audio – 3.5mm audio jack, digital audio via HDMI
- Connectivity – Dual-band 802.11 b/g/n/ac WiFi 5 2×2 MIMO up to 867 Mbps and Bluetooth 4.2
- USB – 2x USB 3.0 ports, 1x USB Type-C port for power only
- Misc – Power button, cooling fan with “almost no noise”
- Power Supply – 12V via USB-C port
- Dimensions – 62 x 62 x 42 mm (metal enclosure)
- Weight – 125 grams
The Windows 10 mini PC will ship with a 12V power supply (non USB PD compliant).
Three models are offered with different storage options:
- 128GB SSD – Early bird: $179; retail price: $209
- 256GB SSD – Early bird: $199; retail price: $229
- 512GB SSD – Early bird: $229 ; retail price: $269
For some reason, the company also decided to offer a 13.3-inch 4K portable display for $199 as part of the crowdfunding campaign. Prices include shipping, and rewards should start shipping in October 2020.