Winmate, a company specializing in rugged computing technology headquartered in Taiwan, has recently launched Winmate IQ30 SBC powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 octa-core coupled with up to 4GB LPDDR4, and 32GB flash storage.
The single board computer also comes with a Fast Ethernet port with optional PoE, WiFI 5, and optional cellular connectivity thanks to an an M.2 card socket and SIM card slot, as two video interfaces for Android-powered touch screen displays.
- SoC – Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 octa-core processor with 4x Kryo 260 cores @ 2.2GHz, 4x Kryo 260 cores @ 1.8GHz, Adreno 512 GPU, and Hexagon DSP
- System Memory – 3GB or 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- Storage – 32GB MLC flash, MicroSD card slot
- Display I/F
- 1x eDP via MIPI to eDP chip
- 1x LVDS via MIPI to LVDS chip
- 2x USB Touch FFC connector
- 2x backlight headers
- PM660L audio codec
- 2x speaker headers, Line Out, and
- 2x DMIC headers, 1x analog mic header
- 1x 10/100M Ethernet port via AX8817A USB Ethernet controller, plus optional PoE at/af
- Dual-band 802.11ac WiFi 5 and Bluetooth 5.0
- Optional 3G/4G LTE cellular connectivity via M.2 (USB) socket and micro SIM slot
- 3x antennas for WiFi, Bluetooth, and NFC
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x USB Type-C port, 3x USB 2.0 interfaces via header
- Serial – 1x RS232/422/485 DB9 COM port, 4-pin CAN Bus header with isolation, 10-pin RS-232 header, 1x 4-pin UART
- M.2 card slot for a cellular card
- 2x Light BARm 1x 4-pin with UART
- 6-pin GPIO header for 5 key OSD
- 2×5-pin GPIO header for “membrane”
- 14-pin DIDO (6x DI, 6x DO, GNDm 5V)
- 1x I2C
- Debugging – 6-pin debug port
- Misc – RTC, SW burning switch
- Power Supply
- 12V DC input via 3-pin terminal block
- Internal headers with 5V and 3.3V outputs
- Power consumption – 3W (typ.)
- Dimensions – 146 x 102mm (3.5-inch SBC form factor)
- Temperature Range – Operating: -20°C to 60°C; storage: -40°C to +70°C
- Humidity – 10% to 95% (non-condensing, RH)
Winmate explains the board is designed for “industrial automation, medical equipment, outdoor kiosks, in-vehicle automation, and areas requiring small-size adoption with stable computing performance”. Considering the company only provides support for Android 9.0 for the board, and the LVDS and eDP interfaces found on the board, it looks especially suited to industrial HMI touch panel PCs.
Snapdragon 660 was first announced in 2017, so Winmate IQ30 is not the first Snapdragon 660 SBC, and we previously covered Inforce 6560 Pico-ITX SBC, as well as Intrinsyc (now Lantronix) Open-Q 660 HDK.
Winmate did not provide availability nor pricing information for IQ30 SBC, but you may find a few more details on the product page, where you can ask for a “Quick Inquiry” to get pricing and/or availability information.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|