We’ve covered plenty of Whiskey Lake-based mini PC‘s and SBC‘s, but most of them are made for the home or the office, except for some designed with a wider temperature range for industrial and factory environments.
But Stealth is going further with WPC-905 IP67 waterproof mini PC that’s completely sealed and fanless making it suitable for harsher environments, including marine applications. The rugged computer comes with a choice of Intel Celeron and Core processors and supports variable DC input from 9V to 48V DC via an M12 connector.
- SoC (one or the other) – all from the Whisky Lake Embedded family
- Intel Celeron 4305UE dual-core processor @ 2GHz with Intel UHD Graphics 610; 15W TDP
- Intel Core i3-8145UE dual-core/quad-thread processor @ 2.2GHz / 3.9GHz (Turbo) with Intel UHD Graphics 620; 15W TDP
- Intel Core i5-8365UE quad-core/octa-thread processor @ 1.6GHz / 4.1GHz (Turbo) with Intel UHD Graphics 620; 15W TDP
- Intel Core i7-8665UE quad-core/octa-thread processor @ 1.7GHz / 4.4GHz (Turbo) with Intel UHD Graphics 620; 15W TDP
- System Memory – 1x DDR4 SO-DIMM Memory Slot up to 32GB
- Storage – 2x 2.5″ Internal Drive bays up to 2TB SSD, optional mSATA drive support
- Video Output – DVI-D up to 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz, IP67 connector
- LAN1: 1x Gigabit Ethernet M12, X-coded port via Intel i219LM
- LAN2: 1x Gigabit Ethernet M12, X-coded port with PXE and WoL support via Intel i210
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 M12, A-coded port
- Serial – RS-232 serial M12, A-Coded port
- Expansion – 1x Full-size Mini-PCIe slot, supports PCIe, mSATA, and USB interfaces
- Hardware Security – TPM 2.0 module
- Misc – Power button, power & storage notification LEDs, hardware monitor (CPU & system temperature, voltage),
- Power Supply – 9V to 48V DC via M12 Connector, A-coded
- Dimensions – 250 x 180 x 44mm (Rugged Aluminum Chassis)
- Weight – 2.32 kg
- Temperature Range – Operating: -30°C to 70°C; storage: -40°C to 85°C
- Relative Humidity – 95% @ 70°C
- Water and dust protection – Fully IP67/NEMA 6 rated
- RoHS, CE, FCC
- EN50121-3-2 & EN50155 rolling stock standards,
- Operating – 15g/11ms, ½ sine, 3 shocks in +ve and -ve direction, all 3 axes (IEC 60068-2-27)
- Storage – 50g/11ms, ½ sine, 3 shocks in +ve and -ve direction, all 3 axes (IEC 60068-2-27)
The mini PC ships with a 75mm/100mm VESA mount, and a 110-240AC adapter with a US power cord. The company offers support for Windows Server 2019, Windows 10 (64-bit), and Ubuntu Linux.
Many of the features we take for granted on traditional Whiskey Lake hardware such as USB 3.0 and 4K video output has been downgraded, so for instance, Stealth mini PC only supports Full HD resolution via a DVI port and USB 2.0 ports. This is probably because those specs are good enough for the target applications, and a lack of availability of IP67, waterproof connectors for higher speed interfaces, plus potentially the extra difficulty of meeting shock and vibration requirements.
The IP67 dust and waterproofness, and ruggedness requirements do come with a steep premium, as Stealth WPC-905 is available now starting at $3,195.00 for a model with the Celeron processor coupled with 8GB RAM and a 256GB SSD. But that’s probably pocket if you’re going to install on a yacht or an offshore drilling rig. The computer configuration can be modified right on the website with a choice of processor, memory, storage, operating system, and even HMI software from the company.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.