Orange Pi PC is an Allwinner H3 SBC that was launched in 2015 for as little as $15 plus shipping (now $17.42 with 1 GB RAM), and made by a company called Shenzhen Xunlong Software. The next year, the company launched Orange Pi PC Plus with 8GB eMMC flash and WiFI connectivity for $20 (now $25.54).
It appears another company named “Shenzhen LC Technology” has designed a board with similar specifications & layout, so not technically a clone, but close enough. Meet Cherry Pi SBC.
Cherry Pi PC V7 SBC specifications with highlights in bold or
strikethrough showing the differences with Orange Pi PC:
- SoC – Allwinner H3 quad-core Cortex A7 processor with an Arm Mali-400MP2 GPU
- System Memory – 512MB or 1GB DDR3
- Storage – MicroSD card slot up to 64GB, optional 8GB eMMC flash,
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4 and AV ports
- Audio I/O – HDMI, AV port, on-board microphone
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet RJ45 port, optional RTL8189 2.4GHz 802.11b/g/n WiFi chip plus iPEX WiFi antenna
- USB –
3x2x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB OTG port
- Camera – 24-pin CSI Interface
- Expansions – 40-pin Raspberry Pi compatible header with 28 GPIOs, UART, I2C, SPI, PWM, CAN, I2S, SPDIF, LRADC, ADC, LINE-IN, FM-IN, and HP-IN
- Debugging – 3-pin UART header for serial console
- Misc – IR receiver; Power & reset buttons; Power and status LEDs
- Power Supply – 5V/2A via
barrel jackUSB-C port
- Dimensions – 85 x 55 mm
- Weight – 55 grams
I found out about the board on Orange Pi Facebook Group (note: private group), where a user called Antonios purchased the board and could confirm it to work with Orange Pi PC / PC Plus images:
Just an update to all, it works perfect on Orange pi pc plus images, including the WiFi. Tried Ubuntu 16.04 and Armbian, so I reckon it’s a copy of Orange pi pc
Cherry Pi PC V7 is sold on Aliexpress for as low as $16.5 plus shipping with 512MB RAM, and up to $28.20 plus shipping with 1GB RAM, 8GB eMMC flash, and WiFi. Sample pricing is actually a little higher than for the equivalent Orange Pi PC (Plus) board, but Cherry Pi PC does not appear to be limited to one piece per order.
Shenzhen LC Technologies also offers other Cherry Pi boards with Cherry Pi PC V3S for camera applications, and Cherry Pi PC H6 with Allwinner H6 quad-core Cortex-A53 processor, all of which can be found on the products page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.