The company has now launched another model with Geniatech XPI-3288 SBC powered by Rockchip RK3288 32-bit quad-core Cortex-A17 processor coupled with 2G RAM and 16GB eMMC flash.
Geniatech XPI-3288 specifications:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3288 quad-core Cortex-A17 processor @ up to 1.6GHz with Arm Mali-T764 GPU
- System Memory – 2GB RAM
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash (8/32GB optional), MicroSD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI up to 4Kp60 (may be limited to 4Kp30 on some older 4K TVs)
- Video decoding
- H.264 up to HP level 5.1 @ 2160p24 (3840×2160)
- MPEG-1/-2/-4, AVS, VP8, MVC up to 1080p60 (1920×1080)
- VC-1 up to AP level 3 @ 1080p30 (1920×1080)
- H.263 @ 576p60 (720×576)
- Gigabit Ethernet port
- Optional dual-band 802.11b/g/n/ac WiFi 5 and Bluetooth 4.0 module with IPEX antenna connectors
- USB – 4x USB 2.0 ports, 1x Micro USB 2.0 port
- Expansion – 40-pin Raspberry Pi-compatible GPIO header with 28 GPIOs
- Debugging – 4-pin 2.54mm pitch header for serial console
- Misc – IR Receiver, recovery button
- Power Supply – 5V/3A
- Dimensions – 85 x 56 mm
- Temperature Range – 0°C to 70°C
The company provides Android 7.1, and “optional” Linux support for the board. So you may wonder why releasing such a board now, as Rockchip RK3288 is a 32-bit Arm processor that was launched around 7 years ago, and there’s already a similar board on the market, namely ASUS Tinker Bboard S.
So we asked and the company replied:
We design XPI series for people developing commercial grade products, so we will offer more SoC options and features, wide range of working environments to meet customer’s need.
So they may have had requests for this board from one of their customers, and they also plan on releasing XPI-i.MX8MM based on NXP i.MX 8M Mini and XPI-3399 powered by Rockchip RK3399 in the future.
There’s no software download nor documentation at this time, but we were told those will soon be made available in a similar fashion to what they did for XPI-3128 with Linux & Android guides.
Geniatech XPI-3288 is available now for $75 (sample price) on Geniatech store. The wireless module is included in the price.