Espressif Systems ESP32-S2 single-core WiFi processor features an RGB LCD interface that makes it suitable for multimedia applications, and about two years ago, ESP32-S2-Kaluga-1 Multimedia Development Board was introduced with a touchscreen display & a camera.
But now the company has launched another ESP32-S2 based development kit specifically designed for HMI (human-machine interfaces) found in smart home automation controllers, smart speakers with display, smart alarm clocks, and so on. Meet ESP32-S2-HMI-DevKit-1 equipped with a 4.3-inch color LCD display and a touch panel.
- Wireless module – ESP32-S2-WROVER module with ESP32-S2 Xtensa single-core 32-bit LX7 microprocessor, up to 240 MHz with 128 KB ROM, 320 KB SRAM, WiFi 4 connectivity, 4MB flash, 2MB PSRAM
- Storage – Micro SD card slot
- Display – 4.3-inch display with 800×480 resolution, I2C capacitive touch panel
- Audio – Audio amplifier, built-in microphone, speaker connector
- USB – 1x USB-C OTG (DFU/CDC) port, 1x USB-C debug port
- Expansion – SPI header, TWAI (2-wire automotive interface)/CAN header, I2C header, UART/Prog header
- Sensors – 3-axis accelerometer, 3-axis gyroscope, ambient light sensor, temperature and humidity sensor
- Misc – Programmable RGB LED lights, wake up and reset buttons, IR transmitter
- Power Supply – 5V and 3.3V power headers
- Battery – 1,950 mAh Li-ion battery
ESP32-S2-HMI-DevKit-1 appears to be available now, but only in limited quantities, and the company asks interested parties to contact sales.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.