We’ve covered several Mictrack cellular GPS asset trackers in the past starting with the MT600 4G LTE model, later followed by MT825 with more efficient LTE Cat M1 & NB-IoT connectivity.
The company has now introduced a new model with MicTrack MT700 still offering eMTC and NB-IoT cellular networking but with a much larger 7,800mAh battery allowing up to 8 years of battery life with a single daily location update.
Mictrack MT700 specifications:
- Cat M1 (LTE-M, eMTC)
- LTE FDD: B1/B2/B3/B4/B5/B8/B12/B13/B18/B19/B20/B26/B28
- LTE TDD: B39
- NB-IoT (Cat NB1) – LTE FDD: B1/B2/B3/B4/B5/B8/B12/B13/B18/B19/B20/B26/B28
- 2G GSM fallback – 850/900/1800/1900Mhz
- Internal Micro 3FF SIM
- Optional WiFi
- Internal antennas
- Cat M1 (LTE-M, eMTC)
- GNSS – Qualcomm Gen 8C GNSS receiver (GPS+Glonass+Galileo+Beidou) plus internal GPS antenna
- Sensors – 3-Axis accelerometer, light sensor
- Misc – Charge/SYS/GPS LEDs
- Power Supply – 5V/2A via Micro USB port
- Power Consumption – <1.5ua standby current (in lowest power configuration)
- Rechargeable 3.7V/7,800mAh Li-ion battery for up to 8 years on a charge
- Optional non-rechargeable LiFeS2 (1.5V) or LiSOCl2 (3.6V) batteries
- Dimensions – 88 x 62 x 34mm (magnetic mount)
- Weight – 290 grams
- Temperature Range – -20°C to 60°C
- Humidity – 5% to 95% non-concretion
- Certification – FCC, CE (pending)
- IP Rating – IP68 dust and waterproof
You’ll need a Micro SIM card that supports Cat M1 or NB-IoT with at least of 15MB data a month. Once the SIM card is installed, you can press the power button, the LED status should soon show the successful connection to the cellular network, and you’ll be able to check the position of the tracker on trackits.com. If you’d like to use your own server, the company released Mictrack communication protocol documentation so you can integrate MT700 into your own solution.
Some notable features of the tracker are real-timing tracking, geo-fence alarm, low power alarm, removal alerts, smart motion detection, and scheduled timing report. The asset tracker is also said to support Traccar, Navixy, Gurtam, GPSWOX, GpsGate, GPS-Server, and OpenGTS programs.
Typical applications include trailer tracking, container tracking, automobile finance, logistics tracking, vehicle tracking, fleet management, and cattle/animal tracking. More details including a user manual can be found on the product page.
Mictrack trackers used to be found on Aliexpress, but the company said there’s no such plan for this model, and instead OEMs will offer it through Amazon. In the meantime, It’s possible to order a sample for $89 without server access, or $99 with server access on the company’s online store.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
I would have thought a Li-Ion battery would self-discharge in 2-3 years max, interesting.
Yes, if need a long battery life in 6-8 years the LiSOCl2 battery is better because the self-discharge can ignore.
How can you of tested it for eight years, it just your best hope !
You have to choose the LiSOCl2 batteries, and then 8 years is calculated based on the actual test minimum standby current(less than 1.5uA), and the report interval time is 24 hours.
2920 messages only, choose Sigfox with 30000 messages and more than 5y lifespan
When the device wakeup it will continue to search GPS for 5mins, if GPS is unavailable and then will switch to WiFi location. Can you share the Sigfox working time if like this work process? thanks.