There’s a relatively small but active maker community in Thailand, and we’ve covered or even reviewed some made in Thailand boards including ESP8266 and ESP32 boards, a 3G Raspberry Pi HAT, and KidBright education platform among others.
MakerAsia has developed CorgiDude, a board based on the version of Sipeed M1 RISC-V AI module with built-in WiFi, and part as a kit with a camera and a display used to teach machine learning and artificial intelligence with MicroPython or C/C++ programming.
- AI Wireless Module – Sipeed M1W Module with
- Kendryte K210 dual-core 64-bit RISC-V RV64IMAFDC CPU @ 400Mhz with FPU, various AI accelerators (KPU, FFT accelerator…), 8MiB on-chip SRAM
- Espressif ESP8285 single-core 2.4 GHz WiFi 4 SoC plus IPEX antenna connector
- Storage – MicroSD card slot
- Camera I/F for 2MP OV2640 sensor up to 1280 × 1024 (SXGA) @ 30 fosm SVGA @ 30 fps, or CIF @ 60 fps
- Display I/F for 1.3-inch RGB IPS display with 240×240 resolution (ST7789 SPI controller)
- 2x output connectors with 4x GPIO, I2C, PWM, 3.3V, and GND
- 2x input connectors with 5x GPIO each, ADC, 3.3V, and GND
- Misc – Boot and reset buttons
- Power Supply – 5V via Micro USB port or 8-18V via DC jack
- Dimensions – TBD
The CorgiDude basic kit includes the board, the 2MP camera, the 1.3-inch and a simple acrylic case as shown above. MakerAsia also offers more complete kits with various sensors, motors, servos, and so on.
You’ll find MicroPython code examples such as face detection, image classification, license plate detection, etc… to be used with MaixPy IDE and simple documentation in English on Github. More thorough documentation can be found on Aidude website, and video tutorials/demos on YouTube, but are in Thai only.
Just like most other maker products made in Thailand, CorgiDude appears to be only sold locally with prices ranging from 1,340.00 to 1,850.00 Baht (around $44 to $60) depending on the selected kit.
While on the topic of Thailand, I’d like to mention we have started to translate some of the articles on CNX Software into Thai language.