Turkish company Forecr has launched DSBOX-NX2 NVIDIA Jetson Xavier NX based industrial fanless PC equipped with the company’s own DSBoard-NX2 carrier board and designed for “multi-stream deep learning edge analytics” and IIoT applications.
The compact embedded computer comes with 8GB RAM, up to 2TB SSD storage, as well as HDMI 2.0 output, Gigabit Ethernet, two USB 3.1 ports for high resolution cameras, serial ports, and some GPIOs among other features.
- System-on-Module – NVIDIA Jetson Xavier NX module with hexa-core NVIDIA Carmel ARM v8.2 64-bit processor, NVIDIA Volta GPU with 384 CUDA core & 48 Tensor Cores, 8 GB 128-bit LPDDR4x, 16GB eMMC flash
- Storage – M.2 Key M SSD slot, MicroSD card slot
- Video Ouput – 1x HDMI 2.0 up to 3840×2160 at 60 Hz
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Wireless – WiFi, Bluetooth, 4G LTE, 5G connectivity by extension sockets
- USB – 2x USB 3.1 Type-A
- 1x M.2 Type-E Key, 1x M.2 Type-B Key
- 14-pin connector with 2x digital inputs, 3x digital outputs, 1x CAN Bus, 1x RS232/422/485 (software configurable)
- Misc – Optional power button or automatic power on
- Power Supply – 9 to 28 VDC via 2-pin connector
- Dimensions – 130 x 110 x 60 mm
- Temperature Range – -25°C … +65°C
The CAN bus and RS232/RS248/RS422 interfaces make it suitable for industrial automation connecting the system to PLC systems, servo motor controllers, sensors, actuators, and even vehicle information networks.
Forecr DSBox-NX2 is available now for €749 or around $905. If you’d like the DSBoard-NX2 carrier board to integrate into your own it is sold for €200 ( about $242) without a Jetson module. You find additional information, including documentation and purchase links on the respective product pages for the embedded PC and carrier board.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
3 Replies to “DSBOX-NX2 – An NVIDIA Jetson Xavier NX Industrial Fanless PC”
Isn’t 749 EURO already in AGX price range?
Yes, NX is often sold at higher price on eBay, I guess the high price of AGX carrier board makes many turn to NX so they could lower the production cost.
Actually AGX Xavier dev kits are 750 euro price range and they are less expensive than production level modules itself. This product includes carrier board, production level module and thermally-proven aluminum enclosure. So when you look at the prices of the competitor products in the market, you can see the price of this product is quite reasonable.