Hardkernel is having a “Black Friday” sale for the ODROID-Go Advance Black Edition portable game console that is now selling for $29.50, or exactly half of the normal price ($59.00), with either the transparent or black enclosure.
As a reminder, the OGA Black Edition is a Linux console powered by a Rockchip RK3326 quad-core Arm Cortex-A35 processor coupled with 1GB RAM and a 3.5-inch display. This model builds on the earlier ODROID-Go Advance model by adding a WiFi & Bluetooth module, a USB-C port for charging, as well as some extra buttons.
- SoC – Rockchip RK3326 quad-core Arm Cortex-A35 processor @ 1.3GHz with Mali-G31 MP2 GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3L @ 786Mhz, 32 Bits bus width
- Storage – 16MB SPI Flash for bootloader, Micro SD Card slot (UHS-1 Capable interface)
- Display – 3.5″ 320×480 TFT LCD (Wide-viewing angle display, MIPI-DSI interface)
- Audio – 3.5mm earphone stereo jack, 0.5Watt 8Ω Mono speaker
- Connectivity – 2.4 GHz 802.11b/g/n WiFI 4 via ESP-WROOM-32 module (40~50Mbps with iperf)
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 host port
- Input Buttons – F1, F2, F3, F4, F5, F6, A, B, X, Y, Direction Pad, Left Shoulder, Right Shoulder, Analog joystick, R2, L2
- Expansion – 10-pin header with I2C, GPIO, IRQ at 3.3Volt
- 3.7V/3000mAh Li-Polymer battery
- Up to 10 hours of continuous game playing time
- Charging time – 2.5 to 3 hours when the device turns off. 4 to 5 hours while playing games.
- Power Supply – 5V/1.5A via USB Type-C port (not USB-PD compatible, and no data)
- Power consumption – Game emulation: 250~350mA, Power off: 0.1mA
- Dimensions – 155x72x20 mm
- Weight – 170 grams
Sometimes heavily discounted hardware means a new version is coming out, but we’ll have to see as the ODROID Go Super with a 5-inch display is still available for the same $80 price tag.
Thanks to theguyuk for the tip.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
15 Replies to “ODROID-GO Advance Black Edition is selling for $29.50 (Promo)”
Is it possible to use it as a portable ssh console (with some external keyboard)?
They wouldn’t have put a 10 pin expansion header if it wasn’t meant for that sort of stuff.
Shipping fee to Germany: 46.80 USD LOL.
No, the device plus shipping is 46,84 USD
No. Total price for 1 Pc. 76.30 USD.
frostwork is right – when you put in your address and clear the “ship to different address” check box, the shipping gets recalculated. Unfortunately to New Zealand it’s still $24.31 shipping. I’ll pass.
Too bad shipping costs is more than half the price of the unit.. $18 extra to the Netherlands..
@Abbadon: and don’t forget the VAT and handling costs you will be charged. Probably another $10-15
Very good offer but for Bulgaria the shipping is another $18 which makes it almost $50. I will probably also have to pay VAT on top so not interestered.
I’ve often had this issue with Hardkernel. I like their products but expensive shipping makes me buy something on Ali instead.
Tempting, but as other commenters have noted, shipping almost doubles the price.
As an emulation & retro-gaming handheld, this is inferior to an old 3DS, PSP, or PSVita, which can each play games natively that emulation on lower-end ARM SoCs still struggles with, and emulate older systems. For running old PC games with box86, 480×360 is too low a resolution; you’d want at least 640×400 or 640×480 for that.
A few days ago I was looking into buying this for a present for around $105. From Sweden because it is in EU already (and probably cheaper than buy it from Korea + shipping +VAT). Now I know better.
Is Odroid Go Super worth $105 (already in EU)?
Ordroid Go Super is $90 in USA (from Ameridroid)
Bought one: 41.55€ w/ shipping + 25.5€ of DHL tax handling.
Pity hard kernel does not ship as letter for items below $30. ;o(
So I ordered two Odroid Go Advance for $29,50 x 2 + $38 shipping to Sweden…
Some time later I got the customs fees.
$28 VAT (calculated on item + shipping + customs)
$13 administration fee
In total I paid about $155 for two Odroid Go Advance delivered.
Probably wouldn’t do it again.
The $13 admin fee if probably by DHL or whatever courier. Cheaper shipping options do not have this fee, at least where I live. But I don’t think Hardkernel offers low cost shipping anymore due to lost packages.
Is the $16 for customs the import duty or some other fee? If they count the import duty in the total for the VAT that would means taxing the tax…