LattePanda 3 Delta is the new version of the x86 + Arduino board introduced in 2015 with an Intel Atom x5-Z8300 processor, and followed by LattePanda Alpha/Delta in 2017 with respectively Kaby Lake and Gemini Lake processors.
The new LattePanda 3 Delta brings some serious performance boost with an Intel Celeron N5105 quad-core Jasper Lake processor that doubles the CPU performance, triples the GPU speed, and enables smooth 4K HDR video playback. Plus no vaccine is required that for that delta variant! 😉
- SoC – Intel Celeron N5105 quad-core Jasper Lake processor @ 2.0GHz / 2.9GHz (Turbo) with Intel UHD graphics 605; 10W TDP
- System Memory – 8GB LPDDR4 @ 2933 MHz
- 64GB eMMC flash
- M.2 M Key socket for NVMe SSD
- M.2 B Key socket for SATA SSD
- MicroSD card socket
- MCU – Arduino Leonardo compatible
- Video Output
- HDMI 2.0
- DisplayPort via USB Type-C port
- eDP connector + touch panel connector
- Audio – 3.5mm heaphone+mic jack, pin header with 2W audio amplifier
- Gigabit Ethernet port
- WiFi 6 up to 2400 Mbps and Bluetooth 5.2
- Optional 4G or 5G modem via M.2 socket + SIM card slot
- USB – 2x USB 3.2 Gen 1 (5Gbps) , 1x USB 3.2 Gen 2 x1 (10 Gbps), 1x USB Type-C port for power, data (480 Mbps) and DisplayPort Alt Mode, 1x USB 2.0 header
- 50-pin GPIO header with RS232, USB 2.0, I2C, audio, system control and “indication”
- 50-pin GPIO header for Arduino MCU, BIOS, and 5V, 3.3V
- Misc – RTC, Arduino reset button,
- Power Supply – 12V DC input
- Dimensions – 125 x 76 x 16 mm
The board can support Windows 10, Windows 11, and Linux distributions. Our recent review of Beelink U59 Jasper Lake mini PC did show a CPU performance boost of around 50% and 3D graphics benchmarks delivered 2 to 2.4 times more performance compared to a system based on Celeron N4100, so not quite the numbers provided for the LattePanda 3 Delta board, but still in the same direction. (YouTube) video playback was not smooth in Windows 11 and Ubuntu 20.04 in the mini PC we tested, but maybe it’s just a question of software support as the processor family is so new.
Some of the features not shown in the specs above are a hardware watchdog and auto power on features, selectable in the BIOS, to make sure the board can work reliably and unattended, even if the OS hangs. Just like the previous LattePanda Delta board, the new LattePanda 3 Delta is cooled with a fan, but with a 50% larger cooling area.
The PandaLatte 3 Delta is now available via a Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign. Rewards start at $229 US for the single board computer alone, with various other rewards adding Windows 10 Pro, a UPS Hat, or offering a bundle with a display (7-inch or 12.5-inch). Shipping adds about $16 US, and rewards are expected to start shipping in March 2022.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.