iWave Systems has launched another system-on-module compliant with the SGET OSM (Open Standard Module) standard with the iW-RainboW-G46M powered by NXP i.MX 8XLite Cortex-A35 processor designed for V2X and IIoT applications and following OSM Size-S (30x30mm) form factor
The new system-on-module follows the iW-RainboW-G40M module with NXP i.MX 8M Plus processor and OSM Size-L (45x45mm) form factor launched at the beginning of the year. The iW-RainboW-G46M comes with 2GB RAM and 8GB flash by default, Gigabit Ethernet, PCIe, and CAN interfaces among others, and can operate in a wide -40°C to +125°C temperature range.
- SoC – NXP i.MX 8XLite Dual/Solo Cortex-A35 processor @ up to 1.2 GHz with Cortex-M4F real-time core, on-chip V2X accelerator (but no GPU, no VPU)
- System Memory – 2GB LPDDR4 (expandable)
- Storage – 8GB eMMC Flash (expandable)
- 332 balls contact grid with
- Display – 18-bit RGB LCD interface
- Audio – 1x I2S
- Networking – 2x Gigabit Ethernet (RGMII), including one with AVB
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 OTG, 1x USB 2.0 host
- 2x CAN ports
- 1x PCIe Gen3
- 15x GPIOs
- Up to 3x UART, 1x SPI, 2x I2C
- 1x JTAG
- Power Supply – 5V, 2.5A
- Dimensions – 30 x 30mm (OSM 1.0 standard Size-S)
- Temperature range – -40°C to +125°C
- AEC-Q104 Grade
Pricing has not been made public, but we do know the board is part of a 10-year product longevity program, so it will be available at least until 2032. Additional information may be found on the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.